'99 Tahoe - Expedition Build!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
I am using my favorite size 265/75/16

I dont need more for tires my wheeling is jumping sidewalks and sand thats it I need the lift because I don't want get stuck on the tip of the dunes now I am using force by hitting it so I realy don't want that!

If it were my truck and I was running that tire size, I would crank the torsion bars just a little bit and leave it there. Adding a suspension lift won't actually increase your ground clearance. In fact, you'll actually have to lower your torsion bars below the frame so your break over angle will be worse (less ground clearance) then if you left it stock.

Suspension lifts are really only good for stuffing bigger tires under your truck. These taller tires increase ground clearance to negate the negative affects of the suspension lift.

Just a recommendation, but save your money and don't stick a suspension lift under that truck if you are going to stay with that tire size. Unfortunately you will most likely be very unhappy with the results b/c you'll actually hurt your ground clearance.

I hope this helps!! If you have any more questions, ask away.

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanx man for your honesty I really appreciate it,

I am going to forget about the lift and start with other mods

Thank you brother :beer: :thumbup:

OP
OP
S

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
Thanx man for your honesty I really appreciate it,

I am going to forget about the lift and start with other mods

Thank you brother :beer: :thumbup:

Absolutely, glad it helped.

I asked the same questions you are when I was first getting into this hobby.

With that $1500, you can have a blast with that truck and potential mods. Let me know how everything works out.

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely, glad it helped.

I asked the same questions you are when I was first getting into this hobby.

With that $1500, you can have a blast with that truck and potential mods. Let me know how everything works out.

True, yes sure

OP
OP
S

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
Thanks to Monstar, I was able to get my hands on a solid Z71 transfer case cover.

P6190754-1.jpg

P6190753.jpg

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Lucky I've been wondering what went there. Gotta find one but shouldn't be hard

OP
OP
S

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
It's been a small lifesaver. With the lift, my torsion bars used to hang below the frame so the tcase was pretty well protected; not perfect, but decent.

Now that I have the Realift Relocators, the transfer case was exposed so I needed this protector asap. I've had a few rock strikes with it so far and it's held up w/o damage.

It's a piece of cake to install, x4 bolts with nuts on the other side of the cross member.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ridnclean18