99 old body style intake manifold question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ksipes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So here is my question I ordered a set off injectors Updated ones but my truck runs great so my question is, is there a part number on the upper intake like say a delphi one that will let me know that at least the upper manifold has been changed. Any way to check..

Thanks

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
When you change the injector assembly in the vehicle everything else stay the same including manifolds and plenums. They are just reused.

If you are trying to determine weather old injectors are there or new ones are in there you can look down the throttle body with a lighted mirror. The old ones just show a line while new ones you actually see the injector body.

OP
OP
K

ksipes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I like that .......flashlight check mirrior check .....

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My MFI spider just came in today. I wish I knew someone who has done the manifold spacer mod.......I would love to do that while it is apart, if there is an actual documented gain.

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My MFI spider just came in today. I wish I knew someone who has done the manifold spacer mod.......I would love to do that while it is apart, if there is an actual documented gain.

Hi! I'm 99yuk! Now you know me!

I've done the intake spacer mod. I also thought I'd do it while into the MPFI upgrade. Check out the thread HERE.

Bad news is that I have no documented gains, nor could I find any online other than the vendor provided dyno chart HERE.

My butt-o-meter says it does help a bit. Kinda like a bigger TB, silence box delete, open airbox all helps a bit. Aggregate all those things together and you can feel it.

If you havn't done any other air related mods, then don't bother with the spacer. If you do have plans to do other mods, then I say go for it!

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I have the MPFI, and want to do the spacer plus a ported throttle body.

I figure maybe ~20 hp total doing all of them together.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I think the K&N FIPK would be better than the spacer mod. I can tell you for sure there is a definite increase in power, throttle response and the induction noise is just awesome.:imo:

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the K&N FIPK would be better than the spacer mod. I can tell you for sure there is a definite increase in power, throttle response and the induction noise is just awesome.:imo:

+1
I agree with a K&N drop in filter.

Also any CAI kit from any vendor will replace the OEM Tophat which will net another 4% airflow. However they may not clear the hood after the spacer install.

Personally, I just run the K&N drop in filter with no CAI kit, opened airbox and silencer delete.

picture.jpg
picture.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chuck 2015 Tahoe