98 Tahoe Console Swap Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fear not the nbs cc... They look and fit great in and obs... Its not perfect but its an over all upgrade... Donny and I both have 02 tahoe ccs and love them... The 05 will look even better... I wish I and me an 05 cc but maybe another mod for the future...

Depending on how his turns out I might be in the market for one :High 5:

Hint Hint ;)

OP
OP
TruckBoss223

TruckBoss223

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill post pics once i actually start the project. as far as the ohms and shit , i have a 600 watt amp in there right now. I am going to hook it up and if the speaker blows then go get a new one lol thats my testing.

iPad Mini is a good idea. gotta look at that.

I just ordered 3 more cup holder inserts for when i butcher the first 3 trying to customize it now.

I have to fit the charger shown in the pic in the cup holder section 9 that pic was before the paint job. and another set of those switches somewhere in console. plus a different siren i have. and maybe relocate the police radio thats under my head control to throw some gauges in there too

Attachments

• charger.jpg
    charger.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 70
  • upper console.jpg
    upper console.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 75
  • VHF radio.jpg
    VHF radio.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 75
OP
OP
TruckBoss223

TruckBoss223

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so my install / fabrication has hit 2 minor snags. first snag i dont think the floor mounting bracket is wide enough to fit over hump. are you guys using the factory bracket or no ? and the second snag is apparently fiberglass and bondo is quite the pain in the ass

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
U cant use the nbs mounting bracket... Just ditch it... It will stay in place on its own... For it 2 fit snug against the dash u can either trim it to fit the dash better or u and go the painful route bondo and fiberglass...

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I ditched the factory mounts Instead I ran A bar on the Inside Of the console with Predrilled holes to hold it center,

OP
OP
TruckBoss223

TruckBoss223

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to use the factory plate and metal bracket thing that covers the amp so i can use the plate as a ground and to mount some stuff so i think i am going to just cut the sides of the plate where it bends around the hump and drill 2 holes and use the holes for the OBS Console to hold it down. hopefully should work

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike u made the right choice taking advice from don and I... We're kind of a big deal wen it come 2 nbs ccs in an obs...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pmack

Latest posts