97 yukon, stalls, hard start. VIDEO**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
:sorrysign: our typically superior algorithms that predict the possible causes have been lacking lately. it happens a lot when the provided intel lacks a specific reason to go after the actual cause to begin with. we like to stick with this thing called a systematic approach to troubleshooting. sorry it sucks for you.:chair:

OP
OP
G

God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I inspected my old crank sensor and the metal part that reads the crank has been shaved about a milimeter in. What caused this, and is it cause for concern?

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
it does not actually make contact with it. so it was either from manufacturing or you have a very serious problem with the crank and bearing.

OP
OP
G

God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much clearance should there be? Can I just add a washer? Could it be a bad harmonic balancer? I'll inspect my new cps after 100 miles and if there's any scratches I'll just add a washer for the time being, will that work?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
if you do that you will likely see the sensor malfunction. just check it after running it a while. the installation angle and air gap setting is critical tho the air gap is not giving. don't think a balancer would cause a sensor to get hit. the only other thing i can think of is the timing cover would have to shift real bad but even that is unlikely. use no washers and inspect the sensor later instead.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
very f***ed, replace it, but i strongly urge you to pull the timing cover to find out if there is other damage or debris/ a new cover will be needed if old is removed.

OP
OP
G

God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanna know what the possible non catastrophic issues could be to cause wear on the cps because I think if it was bearing I would hear it knock and or have lower oil pressure right? My engine seems to run pretty dang good..

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
it would likely would be some debris that got caught between the two parts. the reluctor ring may be coming apart and hitting it. or the timing cover is damaged somehow letting sensor hit the reluctor ring. the debris could be a piece of the timing set or some other metal that found its way in that area.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

this is the ring on the crankshaft.
10190917.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper