96 Tahoe, No Brake Light,,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1996 Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For the past several months. My poor Hoe was not being nice. Replaced the steering column cause of problems. Come to find out, three wires were burned on the Multi Function Switch. Ordered a replacement from eBay. Wasn't going to pay $2 at my local auto parts store.

I replaced the switch, still no brake lights. Had a third brake light, but not regular stop lights. Replaced the circuit boards, still no change. Stop brake switch, lost third brake light. Put old switch back on. Third brake light resumed working. Still no brake lights. Took wire apart, started by checking frame rail harness. Tail light harness was replaced due to wires splicing not to my liking. Bottom line, I went back to basics. Chased the wire from brake switch, had stop light there, and at cruise control. Followed wire to Multi Function connection. Had signal going in, but not out. At this time I pulled very slightly on wire. It came out of place. Signal still present. With the help from my test light. I pushed wire back into seating position. We now have Brake lights. Could not believe pin had been pushed in. I take responsibility. Only spent $60.00 on mechanic. He could not find problem, or eliminate possibilities. Thou I was careful, pin still managed to drive me LOCO! Thanks, I got indirect help from reading other folks forums, and wiring diagrams. Happy Labor Day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645