96 Tahoe back speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon96

Reaction score
My 96 Yukon 2dr has high end pioneer 4X10s in the rear ceiling and doors with a 500 watt amp powering them. I've set the fade control toward the front to even out the sound because rears overtake the front otherwise. Added a 12 inch sub in a custom ported box I built, tuned to 31.5 htz. I now have more sound and boom than most. More than I actually need. But, I like it that way.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
4dr here. rear 4x10's not used at all. just polk db 6501 in all four side doors and a sealed enclosure under the rear seat which houses 2 Polk mm1040 subs. All powered by a kenwood xr-5s. Me very happy with it had it in since 2010 I think.

Tahoe442

Reaction score
Its very simple to remove the bracket that the 4x10s mount into by slipping the headliner out. I ended up cutting them out bigger and then mounted a pair of 6x9 pioneers I got brand new for free, couldnt be happier with the results.

Yukon96

Reaction score
picture.jpg
picture.php
[/IMG][/IMG]picture.jpgWell, it's not the best setup you'll see Horton. But since I had already dropped my back seat to make room for work tools and materials, it works for me, for now. The sub box looks quite large, though it's just two cubic feet, (I could have made it smaller, about 1.6 cf), and fits nicely where I chose to place it. However, it is a little too tall for my liking. The amp for the sub is internal, as you will see where the wires connect. The gain control is right there also. The amp for it is a 150 watt Clarion out of an old sealed enclosure I had. It provides plenty of punch at 50% to 75% gain. Shakes the mirrors, well, everything really.The cap and amp for the other four speakers are behind and under the drivers seat, as you will see.

Last edited:

00Caddy

Reaction score
Focal 6.5 in the front, Focal 5.25 in the rear. All components. 10 inch Boston Accoustic sub in the rear in a box. Deleted the rear speakers.

2doorbamahoe

Reaction score
I have 6x9 pioneer in box's the can go up on the rear seat(I like them there) or they fit perfect under seat in the corners, then I have 6.5 pioneer in front door speakers, 2 pioneer amps and a 15 Memphis. I like the way the 6x9 sound closer to front rather than way in back. It prolly sounds better for back seaters in rear but I'm always driver!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alejo2160