96 leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sam_hughes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey guys,
ive got a 96 tahoe and im looking to level it out probably 2 inches. from your experience what is the best brand for a level? also im not really trying to drop a bunch of dough either...lastly, would this mess up lifting it in the future?

thanks

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
search dude, you can tighten the torsion bars for 2"

OP
OP
S

sam_hughes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thats the issue with cranking them. i have a few friends who have and i cant stand how their trucks ride...i guess i can figure that one out on my own though. but as far as lifts go, could you have a level kit and a lift kit? im almost sure you can but I'm just making sure...

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
There is no "leveling kit" for a 88-98 chevy.

Your only choice to lift the front 2" is to crank the torsion bars. The smallest lift kit is 4".

OP
OP
S

sam_hughes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yeah i cranked it up to level already today but im not really excited about leaving them cranked up for the long run...

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta pay to play. Cranking key's can get you up a little bit, but the extra wear/tear on your truck is going to end up costing you more in the long run. Your driveline, steering and suspension will all take a toll and be at bad angles.

Save your money, keep your truck how it is until you can afford a lift kit. The RCX 6inch lift lift is only 1,000 dollars. If you are only looking to lift it a little bit, you COULD get a body lift. Not that I think they are much better than cranking, but it's a step above that.

OP
OP
S

sam_hughes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
alright, i found some keys that say 2" of level, zone offroad to be exact. do those 2 inches come before or after cranking them? if i have to crank them there is no point in buying them when i can get 2 inches from the stock keys

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
yeah if you already cranked to 2" you don't need them.

Some trucks are worn out and need the indexing keys to crank the suspension up 2".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigStick

Latest posts