95 yukon gt.. slugish

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beladran

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello folks new poster here. I recently purchased a 95yukon gt and to me it just feels week. I have upgraded to MSD ignition, fipk K&N intake, headers, and opened the exhaust up. From 50-70mph acceleration is awefull! i think the motor is still solid but it seems like its straining. My uncle has a 50mm intake and complete 50mm TBI that is ready to bolt on that he will let me have for $400. would this be a good purchase and should i get a programer after this mod is done??

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need mods for that 50MM TBI I believe. Maybe even bigger injectors. You would be better of sending it to me. :D

OP
OP
B

beladran

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the slugishness was befor all the mods. it feels like there is a dead spot in the rpm band from 3-4000rpm does that make any sense??. the TBI is complete with the injecters, its plug and play = )

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
try this stuff for starters if you haven't already:

SYMPTOM DEFINITION:
Engine delivers less than expected power. Little or no increase in speed, when accelerator pedal is partially applied.

PRELIMINARY CHECKS

* Refer to Diagnostic Notes. See: Flow of Diagnosis\Diagnostic Notes
* Compare customer's vehicle with a similar unit. Make sure the customer has an actual problem.
* Remove air filter and check for dirt, or for being plugged, replace as necessary.
* Transmission shift pattern and down shift operation.
* If there is spray from only one injector on the TBI unit, then, there may be a malfunction in the injector assembly, or in the signal to the injector assembly. The malfunction can be isolated, by switching the injector connectors. If the problem remains with the original injector, after switching the connector, the injector is defective. Replace the injector. If the problem moves with the injector connector, the problem is an improper signal in the injector circuits. Refer to "Chart A-3." See: Diagnostic Trouble Code Tests and Associated Procedures\Related Tests and Information

FUEL SYSTEM
Check:

* For contaminated fuel.
* For restricted fuel filter, contaminated fuel or improper fuel pressure. Refer to "Chart A-6." See: Diagnostic Trouble Code Tests and Associated Procedures\Related Tests and Information\Chart A-6 Fuel System Diagnosis

IGNITION SYSTEM
Check:

* Proper ignition voltage output with spark tester J 26792 or equivalent (ST 125).
* Ignition timing and proper operation of ignition control.

EXHAUST SYSTEM
Check:

* Exhaust system for possible restriction:

Inspect exhaust system for damaged or collapsed pipes. Inspect muffler for heat distress or possible internal failure.

1. With engine at normal operating temperature, connect a vacuum gauge to any convenient vacuum port on intake manifold.
2. Operate engine at 1000 rpm and record vacuum reading.
3. Increase rpm slowly to 2500 rpm. Note vacuum reading at a steady 2500 rpm.
4. If vacuum at 2500 rpm decreases more than 10 kPa (3" Hg) from reading at 1000 rpm, the exhaust system should be inspected for restrictions.
5. Disconnect exhaust pipe from engine and repeat Steps 3 and 4. If vacuum still drops more than 10 kPa (3" Hg) with exhaust disconnected, check for exhaust manifold restriction and valve timing.

ADDITIONAL CHECKS
Check:

* Control module grounds for being clean, tight, and in their proper location.
* EGR operation for being open or partly open all the time.
* Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) operation.
* A/C operation. Refer to "A/C Chart." See: Component Tests and General Diagnostics\A/C Request Signal Diagnosis
* Generator output voltage. Repair if less than 9 or more than 16 volts.

ENGINE MECHANICAL
Check:

* Engine compression, valve timing, and for proper or worn camshaft.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the slugishness was befor all the mods. it feels like there is a dead spot in the rpm band from 3-4000rpm does that make any sense??. the TBI is complete with the injecters, its plug and play = )

You think because it has injectors it's plug and play??

No wonder you have a dead spot you can't fix.

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts