95 tahoe heater issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Verrückt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I need some help with a heater issue. A couple months ago someone broke in my 95 hoe and stole the cd player and the thing the cd is mounted in that slides in the dash. Well I replaced the cd player but not what holds it. My cd player just sits in that hole loose. (Bad I know). Any ways. Me and my wife was coming threw a mountain pass doing some weak off roading and I hit a pothole a little to hard and the cd player went flying. Nol big deal since it stayed attached. But I think something grounded on my ac/heater controls circuit board for a second. When I went to catch the cd player I noticed a **** of smoke on the right side of the circuit board and my heat quit working. It blows. Truck heats up. Fuse is good. The controls work. Just not getting any heat. Anyone have any ideas? Its really cold here lately and I can't go without my heat! Thanks!

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the board is cooked and is not sending signals to the proper motors.
It will most likely need to be replaced. I just replaced mine with a JY unit. It cost me ~$75.
Someone else will hopefully chime in and confirm though.

To help prevent this from occuring again, when installing the replacement heater contorl unit, cover it with that weatherstripping, sticky on one side, 2" wide foam stuff. Put a few layers side by side so that when/if the radio comes flying again, it won't short anything out again!

OP
OP
Verrückt

Verrückt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Ill check it out. I'm also checking the vacuum hose to if I can find what I'm looking for. The one thing I do notice is my control panel does blow air, can adjust speed still. And not sure about the face, feet, etc... adjustment. But when I turn the hot cold knob it doesn't make that sound. That umpth sound like its switching air.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269