6.2L Rough idle and poor low RPM response

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

apex944

Reaction score
Just took delivery of a brand new 2024 Yukon Denali.
Immediately upon pulling away from the stealership I noticed what appears to be a slight misfire at idle and a very slight hesitation upon throttle take up in drive. I'm pretty familiar with engine tuning as I race cars where I program the ECU... so really dont think it is my imagination. I dont think its a complete cylinder miss but more like an intermittent or weak fire. I have no diagnostic tool for this engine (yet). Didnt think I'd need it yet. LOL.

So my question is... has anyone experienced such a low RPM miss ?

Also, I think I know the answer but is there any 3rd party software to (permanently) turn off the damn auto engine start? It jerks so bad when pulling away from a light that I spilled my coffee all over. (yes even when barely giving it throttle). I actually do wonder if the low RPM problem noted above is causing the autostart issue.

66 Galaxie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have the miss fire issue you describe with the 6.2 in my 2022.

Autostop Eliminator will handle the auto stop-start challenge

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This. Finally got around to installing mine a couple weeks ago. So nice to not have to deal with the stop-start anymore.

Vinnoto1

Reaction score
I have a 2022, when sitting at a light it revs down to about 500 rpm and sometimes feels like a miss fire. Auto stop is a headache, the other day I forgot to turn it off and hit the gas and the engine stalled before restarting.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The auto-stop eliminator linked above is fantastic. 15min to install and 100% satisfaction. Plenty of videos/threads about installing it on this forum.

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Auto Stop turn off button is likely the first thing that will wear out on our Denali. I turn it off every time I get in the thing.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Auto Stop turn off button is likely the first thing that will wear out on our Denali. I turn it off every time I get in the thing.
...Or you can get the Autostop Eliminator and never deal with the button again.

iamlegion

Reaction score
Does this only happen when cold or warm too? The new gen engines are much more complicated at cold start up for emissions requirements. It’s normal to hear timing tick (not knock) during initial start up.

the hesitation- is it audible only or do you feel it? Have you drained the tank and put in top tier 91+ octane? The dealers are cheap and rarely put high octane in while they’re on the lots.

if you’ve run good top tier high octane through and you feel (not hear) a stumble I’d take it back to have them check it.

OP
OP
apex944

apex944

Reaction score

Just bought it. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9