6.0l or 540 bbc?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Devilman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The 540 is the way I was leaning towards, If I can get all the acc to line up right with the older style serpentine setup I may even put the procharger on an break some stuff.

Should be pretty impressive, the same setup ran 10s in the quarter in my chevelle and that was spinning most of the way, with tha suspension dialed in it woulda ran mid to high 9s.

I'm thinkin bout puttin the LY6 in the chevelle with twin turbos.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

So does anybody know what headers will fit with the 540? I think I could just use ones from 88-98 4x4 models (suburban and silverado) that came with a bbc. I need pretty big primaries and 3.5" collector.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
6.0 if you want to keep your drivetrain mostly stock, otherwise 14bolt and bb would be a nasty combo. I prefer the lighter weight of the 6.0 myself but it all depends on what you're doing with the truck.

OP
OP
D

Devilman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've already got a 14 bolt rear and a 4l80e. The truck came with the vortec 350.

I like the idea of the 6.0 but now I'm really excited about putting it in my chevelle and goin TT and making big power with it. The 540 has been in the chevelle for about 2 years now and I'm bored with it and wanna make more power with a lighter combination. It made a buttload of power with the bbc and F2 procharger but I think it'll be alot more fun with turbos and the lighter weight of the LS engine.

So I'm going with the 540 in my tahoe, it'll actually be a 548-555ci by the time I change out the pistons and have it bored. :rocking:

TIM Z

DMAX Power
Reaction score
Sounds like a win win to me!

twin turbo 6.0 would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! The GEN III engines have soo much potential and are easy to mod.

I ran a turbocharged/cammed 5.3 in my old 04 Z71 and it was awesome,

Boost is one of the greatest feelings in the world.

Which 6.0 do you have, LQ9 or LQ4 ?

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm jealous.
I'd love to dump a 540 in my Hoe. One day :)

You going to start a build thread or just start posting pics in this thread?
Subscribed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Codered5557