6.0 liter Long Tube Headers!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I almost bought dynatechs they're a really nice system and that is a REALLY good price. Drop dime on the dynatechs :imo: as they bolt right up to your existing catback and will pass ca emissions.

Tahoe03mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how does swapping to long tube headers affect the 02 sensors as far as the location if at all?

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
With the aem or dynatech it's fine, other headers have issues picking up a legit signal for the o2.

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drop dime on the dynatechs :imo: as they bolt right up to your existing catback and will pass ca emissions.

They won't pass on a visual test, so you will have to find a shop that is lenient on that part. They are not CA legal since the cats have to be moved.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
dude good headers are just expensive lol. I spent 1900 on kooks headers on the vette, then another 450 on cats. Sucked, but the outcome is like WOW.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
They won't pass on a visual test, so you will have to find a shop that is lenient on that part. They are not CA legal since the cats have to be moved.

I know a dozen people that have. How else could they be labeled with a carb # same as magnaflow and all the other aftermarket exhaust manufacturers.

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dynatech longtube headers do not have a CARB #, even their own website states it.

I went to the Magnaflow website, and I could not find any longtube headers that they sold for our trucks. Which magnaflow product were you referring to?

When you install longtube headers such as Dynatechs, you move the cats over with a new dynatech y-pipe (or a custom fabbed y-pipe), and moving the cats is not allowed by federal law.

As I mentioned before, you CAN pass the sniffer test with longtubes, but it will it NOT pass a PROPER visual in all 50 states. You will have to find a shop that says,"Hmm..both your cats are there, good enough for me."

Last edited:
OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
California is stupid as shit when it comes to its laws

I don't know the numbers since I haven't smogged a vehicle in California in like...4 years...but..lets say I'm at 70% efficiency with the stock system...then I remove the stock system, change and MOVE my cats, put long tubes on and a new muffler...and I somehow get to 80% efficiency...the "visual" test should not mean ****..the only thing that should matter when smogging a vehicle are the numbers...

So who cares...find one of those "bad" shops that overlook things like that...

(That wasnt aimed AT you OmarR, I just cant stand the ignorance within our laws)

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
California is stupid as shit when it comes to its laws

I don't know the numbers since I haven't smogged a vehicle in California in like...4 years...but..lets say I'm at 70% efficiency with the stock system...then I remove the stock system, change and MOVE my cats, put long tubes on and a new muffler...and I somehow get to 80% efficiency...the "visual" test should not mean ****..the only thing that should matter when smogging a vehicle are the numbers...

So who cares...find one of those "bad" shops that overlook things like that...

(That wasnt aimed AT you OmarR, I just cant stand the ignorance within our laws)

east coast dont care:hands:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fafafyfy