6.0 from 350 TBI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willua11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you keep the 4L60 transmission? Can it take that much power?

W

OP
OP
A

az932drkon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Transmission

I have on get on this Forum more often. I'm sorry. Transmission is stock with an older rebuild. However, it will be looked at again when I change the intake & cam and add headers. That will happen once Obama is out of office. Merry Chrsitmas to all.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you keep the 4L60 transmission? Can it take that much power?

W

A well built 4L60E can and does handle the power. There are quite a few reputable companies that build some very stout and capable 4L60Es. Though I would go with either FLT or RPM. RPM makes the fastest 4L60E right now.

OP
OP
A

az932drkon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
RPM and TC questions

I'm not familiar with RPM. Could I please have their web site or phone number information? How do you like that 3200 TC? I had a 2600 in my Corvette & that was the best mod I did for that car. I was afraid in these big SUV's that a high speed torque converter may start tearing up parts. Thanks.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here ya go :) http://rpmtransmissions.com/
If this goes against any rules please delete.

When I dropped that tranny in with the Yank converter, it drove like a completely different truck. When I have left work on several occasions I leave in a hurry, hah. I have had quite a few people come up to me the next day and ask what I have done to make it so fast. The converter has been the best mod so far, performance wise.
I have had it for almsot 3 years with zero issues. It performs just as good now as it did the first day I got it back.
It was well worth it in the end.
Hope this helps
:)

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not yet. Thats on my long list of to-dos for the Hoe.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like the energizer bunny.
Dave @ Yank and the fellas at FLT worked together in building my tranny. I trusted them and let them do what they do best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz