5/5 Drop while KEEPING stock Autoride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I'm not sure you can get past 4.5" of drop with the stock shocks but you can trim down the stock links until the compressor barely runs upon startup. I put a few hundred lbs of weight in the back of my truck to dial in the autoride when I still had it, just trimmed the links until the shocks barely filled once I started the truck then removed the weight and dialed the links out just a hair. I have some belltech shortened links if you don't want to cut yours, send me a sandwich or some shit via paypal and I can mail them out to you if you like.

ROB28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure you can get past 4.5" of drop with the stock shocks but you can trim down the stock links until the compressor barely runs upon startup. I put a few hundred lbs of weight in the back of my truck to dial in the autoride when I still had it, just trimmed the links until the shocks barely filled once I started the truck then removed the weight and dialed the links out just a hair. I have some belltech shortened links if you don't want to cut yours, send me a sandwich or some shit via paypal and I can mail them out to you if you like.

but do istill need shock extenders???

laidon26s

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
what lowering kit is everyone using to get a 5 inch drop..? i have a 2003 escalade with autoride and want a 3/5 drop but cant find anyone who makes a kit for it.. im assuming it would be the same as a denali or tahoe.. am i wrong..?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
what lowering kit is everyone using to get a 5 inch drop..? i have a 2003 escalade with autoride and want a 3/5 drop but cant find anyone who makes a kit for it.. im assuming it would be the same as a denali or tahoe.. am i wrong..?

you can do it just will have to remove the fuse to get a full drop. WITh the autoride trucks i do with the djm tb 4 inch spring the stock shocks are to long so i pull the shocks out and pull the fuse out in the eng. comp and put non autoride shocks in and its fine.

another option is pulling the clip off the rear link sensors and keeping fuse in that way has been easier also.

going over 4 inches on stock autoride shocks your way past the shock stroke and just not the best way of doing it. Even with shock extenders.

another thing I do is just jack the truck up and measure the most you can jack it up before the autoride links have no more movement left ie the shortest you can go with out snapping the links at full extension and then measure 1/4 inch more just to be on the safe side and then go tot he hardware store get a threaded bolt and cut the end off and then make my link adjustments as i can. This way you get the most drop you can get and the autoride still works.

Last edited:

ohiokon

Reaction score
Tony is right about the autoride shocks. I went spindles/keys and TB springs and hardware kit in the rear and it rode like shit. No matter what i did the rear autoride shocks held the rear of the truck up. I broke down and got 4 Belltech SP shocks from Tony. Rides 100% better and it brought the rear down to 33 1/8, the front is 32 1/2. Hopefully the rear settles at least 1/4". You have 2 ways to defeat the autoride so you dont get the service suspension message. 1. Install the resistors on the shock harnesses. I have a bunch of them if any body needs some. 2. Remove the RPO codes from the BCM and the truck will never know it ever had autoride. I will be doing the 2nd method this Fri as long as my buddy doesnt back out. I am also going to try to remove the codes from a different BCM while it is installed in my truck and if this works I will be able to offer this service. If anybody is interested shoot me a PM. Good luck on Pinks Tony! When does it air?

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I disconnected my negative battery cable for a few minutes and then pulled the RTD fuse located in the underhood fuse panel, no lights for me and the compressor no longer kicks on once the truck is started.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Tony is right about the autoride shocks. I went spindles/keys and TB springs and hardware kit in the rear and it rode like shit. No matter what i did the rear autoride shocks held the rear of the truck up. I broke down and got 4 Belltech SP shocks from Tony. Rides 100% better and it brought the rear down to 33 1/8, the front is 32 1/2. Hopefully the rear settles at least 1/4". You have 2 ways to defeat the autoride so you dont get the service suspension message. 1. Install the resistors on the shock harnesses. I have a bunch of them if any body needs some. 2. Remove the RPO codes from the BCM and the truck will never know it ever had autoride. I will be doing the 2nd method this Fri as long as my buddy doesnt back out. I am also going to try to remove the codes from a different BCM while it is installed in my truck and if this works I will be able to offer this service. If anybody is interested shoot me a PM. Good luck on Pinks Tony! When does it air?

i think end of november. im going to dial in the suspension over the next 2 nights on the backroad here.

ROB28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im gonna try removing the rtd fuse lets say that works. then i can just buy some djm shocks and thats it or do i still need shock extenders???

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
on 00-06 djm does not use shock extenders on the 5 inch plus drop. All you need is the 2000 shock number and i have those here.

ROB28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ohh by the way i traded my tahoe springs for the tb springs is it just me or the tb springs look taller??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84

Latest posts