5.3l flexplate install torque and orientation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

select127

Supporting Member
Reaction score
replacing rear main seal on my truck. when re-installing flex plate do you have to align the bare hole on the crankshaft with bare hole on flex plate? when I removed mine they weren't lined up so do I just re-install same way it came off? i've seen a few videos where guys say that these holes are there to be lined up. also seen videos where they aren't lined up and guys re-install same way they came off.

also anyone know the torque spec on the bolts?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The extra holes are for a spacer if needed. I would put it back the way it came off. 3 passes with the torque wrench. 15 ft lbs., 37 ft lbs. and then 74 ft lbs.

These are the specs for my Gen IV motor. Double check to make sure they are the same for yours.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
3 passes with the torque wrench. 15 ft lbs., 37 ft lbs. and then 74 ft lbs.

These are the specs for my Gen IV motor. Double check to make sure they are the same for yours.

Right on. Those are exactly what the Haynes book has for 2000-2006 V8s.

OP
OP
S

select127

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The extra holes are for a spacer if needed. I would put it back the way it came off. 3 passes with the torque wrench. 15 ft lbs., 37 ft lbs. and then 74 ft lbs.

thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ridnclean18