5.3L Exhaust manifold bolts/studs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi folks, gonna finally try replacing my busted off studs/bolts on my 08 Yukon 5.3. Any recommendations for new bolts or studs? Not sure what they are, only that they are broken. I know I have read threads about this before but can’t seem to track it down via the search function. Seems to me some of you had suggested after market maybe better. I also read in another thread that after 2011 they went to a softer metal that prevented them from snapping.

Thx

Ed

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, gonna finally try replacing my busted off studs/bolts on my 08 Yukon 5.3. Any recommendations for new bolts or studs? Not sure what they are, only that they are broken. I know I have read threads about this before but can’t seem to track it down via the search function. Seems to me some of you had suggested after market maybe better. I also read in another thread that after 2011 they went to a softer metal that prevented them from snapping.

Thx

Ed
ARP is the brand you want to use.
https://arp-bolts.com/

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx Don,
I searched their site and although they don’t list the Yukon specifically, after a little research I think the 134-1202 is the correct kit would you agree?
Thx again.
Ed
They look right. I haven't done this job yet. Maybe somebody that has will chime in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz