5.3 to ls2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TERRYCCTT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
has any one put a gto/vett 6.0 into a tahoe or gm truck. ive seen differences in where the sensors are but thats all i can see thats stopping me. as far as i can tell the intake will bolt on and exhast and tranny too but not sure about compressor and alt. thinking of trying it

cam3439

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure, but you can try to see if the accessory drive brackets will bolt up to the 6.0 block so that you can keep the compressor and alt. in their original places.

THE-HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did it, All the front acc bolt right up. I actually even put my 5.3 heads on the ls2. There is diffrent head bolt lenghts, but thats no big deal,just buy head bolts for an ls2, its just beacuse of the aluminum block. The Knock sensors must be extended and put on the sides of the block instead of in the valley cover like it is on a 5.3 Also the ls2 reads the cam position sensor from the front so you must re-wire your cam sensor and extend it to the front of the block to plug into the ls2's cam sensor up there. The tricky part is that you must switch some wires, I cant remember what ones right now, but i know you cannot just wire it up, something must be switched.

Everything else worked fine for me, the 5.3 intake, headers and all the accessories bolted up. I do not know if the 5.3 intake will bolt up to the ls2 heads though, like i said I put my 5.3 heads on.

slocaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should do a search for a gen III to gen VI conversion kit it will have plug in wire harness extensions for knock and cam sensors. no spliceing!

OP
OP
T

TERRYCCTT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The wiring should be pretty easy. I do stuff like that all the time at my shop I am mostly worried about having to make new brackets and such. What abot the oil pan and oil pump. Did yours bolt on or is there a modification you did to make it work.

HMFDZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a fair amount more money to bassicly save round 75-100lbs over an LQ4 or LQ9. Heck I would stick to a truck 6.0l which can be had much cheaper and investthe other money into a small cam for it. Just my .02 though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GKasey