4X4 from 4X2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rico387

Reaction score
Has anyone converted their K2UC 4X2 to a 4X4? Am I looking at a potential nightmare or is this do-able?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prob doable but you'd be lookin at a shit load of money and might as well sell it and buy a 4wd... so basically....no

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A good set of tires alleviates the need for 4WD in all but maybe 1% of the driving we do. Anything is doable with enough money, how much are you willing to spend?

OP
OP
rico387

rico387

Reaction score
A good set of tires alleviates the need for 4WD in all but maybe 1% of the driving we do. Anything is doable with enough money, how much are you willing to spend?
There is an insurance auction nearby and they get some pretty decent vehicles. As far as how much to spend is up in the air at this point. If I could get, say, a rolled 4x4 for 5 grand, it may be worth it. This just occurred to me- Here in Tampa, Fl., in a few days Hurricane Irma will be on us. There may be an abundance of salvage vehicles.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is an insurance auction nearby and they get some pretty decent vehicles. As far as how much to spend is up in the air at this point. If I could get, say, a rolled 4x4 for 5 grand, it may be worth it. This just occurred to me- Here in Tampa, Fl., in a few days Hurricane Irma will be on us. There may be an abundance of salvage vehicles.
First — flood vehicle parts — not worth it (even more so if it was salt water). Second — I’m sure it will void any power train warranty. Trade it in for a 4x4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727

Latest posts