4 Piston Big Brake Upgrade from 2019-20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SRQYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally towed another vehicle with the Caddy with these brakes on it. They worked incredibly well and I could definitely tell an improvement over the originals.
Yep. Having this setup while towing with my '03 Yukon XL has saved me twice since I installed them.

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just read this entire thread, a lot of good info. Reminds my why I love this forum.

Seems like it could be the ultimate brake upgrade.

However, possible plot twist…

The 2021 Tahoe 9C1 PPV and Silverado PPV (and maybe the 21 Esky?) come with 6 piston Brembo calipers and massive 16” rotors.

Wouldn’t this PPV setup also fit?

Last edited:

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, it appears that the non-Hydroboost 1500 NBS, NNBS through 2018 all seem to use a 1 1/8” bore size MC (aka 1.125”), while the T1 uses a 1 5/16” bore size MC (aka 1.3125”).

Would be interesting to find out whether the 9C1 PPV master cylinder are the same size too (assuming they probably are).

Last edited:

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
I just read this entire thread, a lot of good info. Reminds my why I love this forum.

Seems like it could be the ultimate brake upgrade.

However, possible plot twist…

The 2021 Tahoe 9C1 PPV and Silverado PPV (and maybe the 21 Esky?) come with 6 piston Brembo calipers and massive 16” rotors.

Wouldn’t this PPV setup also fit?

Would be curious to know if they are bolt up also.But i can bet the price is 2-5000 vs 2-300

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would be curious to know if they are bolt up also.But i can bet the price is 2-5000 vs 2-300

It appears this BBK package (RPO PPV J55) might also be available on the LT and LS trims as an option (part# 84766666), so would likely just bolt up (albeit with some washers like the 4 piston T1).

However, indeed the bang for buck price-wise does not compare at $2100, but perhaps it will drop in price with time, or come up on eBay and/or junkyards.

Last edited:

Denalibro76

Reaction score
It appears this BBK package might also be available on the LT and LS trims as an option, so would likely just bolt up (albeit with some washers like the 4 piston T1).

However, indeed the bang for buck price-wise does not compare at $2100, but perhaps it will drop in price with time, or come up on eBay and/or junkyards.
I just recently checked junkyards for ***** n giggles and there is a LOT of 2020+ donor vehicles out there. I’ve had my Yukon done for about a year now and I love it! Definitely the best bang for the $. IMO.

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just recently checked junkyards for ***** n giggles and there is a LOT of 2020+ donor vehicles out there. I’ve had my Yukon done for about a year now and I love it! Definitely the best bang for the $. IMO.
Have you (or anyone else here) experienced the same thing as in the video regarding more pedal travel and more pressure needed to really lock up the brakes and/or activate ABS in an panic stop?

So, if TheKingCoopa didn’t accidentally leave some air in the system (in the video), and .1875” difference in bore size really makes that much of a difference after adding 2 pistons up front and 1 piston in rear of each caliper, maybe upsizing on the MC would help for the folks who don’t want to go the Hydroboost route after all?

Last edited:

SRQYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had mine done for about a year and never experince any pedal travel or pressre issues. I tow a 4000lb trailer daily and brake fade is a thing of the past. My truck being a NBS already had 2 piston rear calipers. I don'tthink there an issue with the MC volume being to low on these models.

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the part number for the Goodridge stainless steel brake lines that will fit this mod?

Would it just be the ones that fit the 2019+ Silverado? Or the ones for our NBS trucks?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz