4 and 6 inch rough country lift kit question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay guys its 1 o'clock here in texas and i was researching lift kits... hah! but umm everywhere i look the lift kit 4 and 6 inch rough country lift is only for 4 doors... is it? or is that a typo?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It fits the two doors and pick ups.

Keep something in mind though, the 4" and the 6" is the same kit, just really with or with out an add a leaf. Uncranked all the way is 4" and cranked a little is 6". The kit actually drops the differential about 5"

OP
OP
19Yukon97

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im thinking about getting the 6 inch its 20 bucks more... i just want to leave it down for the flat cv angles. and im thinking about putting some 285/75/16 tires on it. kris you think that would be to small? i dont want huge tires right now. i dont want to regear right now.

another question for anyone:
im pretty sure i have the 3.73 gears out back. so what do you guys think about the biggest tire size that wouldnt ruin my mpg? im okay with 12 or more mpg. i dont want 5 mpg. but i was thinking if i put a 305 size tire then im gunna need a new set of gears. and 4.10's would work right? does anyoen have a good chart that i could look at? lol

OP
OP
19Yukon97

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks artic! that helps alot. im wanting to get new wheels first. 16's. then a lift. then new tires. then gears. im thinking about a 33 inch tire on a 6 inch lift with 4.56 gears. Does that sound like a good combo that would yeild good mpg? i know ive seen somewhere that procomptahoe gets like 16.5 with his lift and gears and stuff. thats what i want!!!! (course dont we all) haha

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

I just wanted to add this:

Im not a offroad wheeler. i dont go out and bash on my truck, i more or less "baby" it. it sees mud when i go to the girlfriends house or a feild that i go play in every once and awhile. and ive seen on other forums that the rough country lift isnt the strongest... its mroe of a highway truck and more of show truck. i just wanted to put that in there so its not any confusion or the topic doesnt start of "well how hard to offroad?" thing is i dont offroad.

Pretty sure im buying the 6 inch lift from RC. its going to take awhile though... =( stupid job. im hoping for a pest control job that pays 500 a week with company truck and gas card!! wish me luck on that one guys! haha

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the uncranked RCX likft with the 285s will be fine, I am about to do a very similar set up on the family truck (RCX uncranked, 33s, 4.56s)

EastTXYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eventually, im going to go with the 6" rc lift uncranked and run 295/75/16 which are a little taller than a 285/75/16. Check out a user on here named B-rock. Hes runnin a 4" rc with the 295's and I really like his setup

TahoeTaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got 315/75's on mine, and I'm pretty sure there is no crank on the front torsion bars (I'd have to double-check) and haven't run into any clearance issues other then some rubbing at full steering lock

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn