383 Stoker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like mine. For the dyno sheet want the before tune or after? let me guess....both?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the after, still looking for the before tune sheet. I think I have one somewhere that shows both graphs

Attachments

• DynoSheet383.jpg
    DynoSheet383.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 72

Devious_Tahoe96

Mr. Budwieser
Reaction score
was gunna build a 383 for my 96' but i couldn't bite the bullet to see my hoe out for 3-4 months being that it was going to be done in my automotive class at the local community college. Looked around the junkyards and could not find a vortec motor. The only one i found and it threw a rod and blew out the cylinder walls. Good luck on your build!! Hope to do the same in the future.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice gains ESP since our motors stock is like 240hp at the crank factor in the 30% loss hp in drivetrain I think is the average ( correctme) and a stock Tahoe is like 190 maybe to the wheels give or take I want to do this but don't have the bank yet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eventually i will be getting a 383. Prolly going to get the ht383e from the gm website. Dont want to max out my fuel to have it though. Still searching on what i could do to change out the fuel componits and the intake system. Not sure what i want to do there either...

Anyone changed out the fuel stuff to get more fuel to everything? I dont mean on the stock system. I mean like a different fuel sender and such. I dont want to have to max out the stock system and then need more for a supercharger later on or something. Know what i mean?

misspooh

Reaction score
I stroked mine back in 06 with a lunati rotating assembly. I had a local shop machine the block and I assembled it. I kept the topend stockall those years until now.

added built tranny, TCI SNS 1800-2000 stall, edelbrock etec 170cc heads, COMP roller rockers, COMP CAM 268xfi, upgraded fuel system to include wynjammer.com custom 46.7lbh spider injection upgrade and a PCM4less tune.

This saturday I'm heading to the dyno for a before and after and I'll post it asap.

All togather I spent:
Heads 1100
cam 280
rockers 320
Trq Conv 680
flywheel 600
Bottom end w/machining 2200
tranny build 1800
tune 400
gaskets/oil/sensors/ect. 400
total $ 7780 and man can I tow!

Forum statistics