35s vs 38s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clownracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
been lurking on fullsizechevy(good 454 knowledge base) and i noticed a lot of there obs guys are running 37s and 38s i think it looks great how much additional wear and tear am i going to see with the bigger tires? will my performance suffer? would they be better for off roading or is it just a looks thing?

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just depends. if you are trying to stuff them on just a 6" with very cranked angles with a 10 bolt, you'll be wearing through suspension parts quick. if you do 6+3 on decent angles, have good parts and a good running vehicle with a 14 bolt and proper gears, you'll be just fine.

you need to give us more info.

what vehicle do you have? what are you going for? offroading? looks?

hard to tell you how much your performance will suffer if you don't even tell us what vehicle you have. but if its just specifically tires, it can be "fixed" by regearing your axles.

time to start going out and reading more.

OP
OP
C

clownracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry its a 1994 gmc yukon has a 454 out of a 92 burban and hydro boost 4.10 gears sitting on a 6" procomp suspension with a 3" body lift not cranked at all cv axles are strait

truck is used primarily off road im rockin 35''s now but they look small i wanna step up to 37'' or 38''s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barakawins