3 days after tune review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dychen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, got the in-person tune on Friday in SoCal with Justin. I've now put about 600 miles on it and I have to say I'm very impressed with the difference. The shifts are a lot smoother. The car just goes when you step on the gas. You find it accelerating a lot faster then stock. I have to constantly look down now when driving through residential areas to make sure I'm within the speed limit. Passing speed is easily attained on the highways where as before you'd have a little hesitation. Overall the best bang for the buck in my opinion.

Justin is a very knowledgeable person and took the time to answer all my questions. Good luck with the baby bud.

07-fivethree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got buddies with tuned duramax diesels, and they are all impressed with the outcome of the tune. They are hesitant on runnin em, just for giggles.

Two days ago, a kid pulled out of a parking lot and had it hammered to the floor. He was driving a 2wd extended cab 5.3 tuned with a diablo (after talking with him a couple lights down). I decided to hammer down in sport tune and see what the Kon would do. I was rolling at about 40 MPH when he came within 2 car lengths. I ended up walking away. Went for it again at the next green light, and he didnt have a chance.

He said he saw the BB sticker, so he thought he would give it a try. Hopefully he will be calling Justin sometime soon. Its amazing what a good tune can do. No exageration... Kon walked away from him with ease.

NOTE: I do not at all promote street racing in any way or form. Racing should be performed in a controlled enviroment. :)

REAL TEXAS TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive got buddies with tuned duramax diesels, and they are all impressed with the outcome of the tune. They are hesitant on runnin em, just for giggles.

Two days ago, a kid pulled out of a parking lot and had it hammered to the floor. He was driving a 2wd extended cab 5.3 tuned with a diablo (after talking with him a couple lights down). I decided to hammer down in sport tune and see what the kon would do. I was rolling at about 40 mph when he came within 2 car lengths. I ended up walking away. Went for it again at the next green light, and he didnt have a chance.

He said he saw the bb sticker, so he thought he would give it a try. Hopefully he will be calling justin sometime soon. Its amazing what a good tune can do. No exageration... Kon walked away from him with ease.

Note: I do not at all promote street racing in any way or form. Racing should be performed in a controlled enviroment. :)

sounds like what my hoe needs.

Research time

07-fivethree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
justin has a knack for knowing what these trucks need to perform. Its not even a question performance, the driveability is so mu better. The ease of acceleration in town when your constantly stopping and going. Theres no lag when you want to slide into another lane or anything, the power is immediate and is delivered with ease and silky smooth satisfaction.

1STIMEYUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt necessarily say silky smooth transition. In tow haul mode mine pretty much bangs into the next gear! No smoothness about it ahah

07-fivethree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is true, the sport tune will yank pretty hard. Sometimes i think the tires are going to bark out from underneath me, which would be neat, LOL. Awsome tune... AutoCal now available?!?! sweet...

metelhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just curious- did you get a noticable improvement in MPG too? I would think you would especially on the hiways.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz