2nd row captain won't fold with button

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purchasing a 2007 suburban ltz with power 2nd row captains. I pushed the button during test drive today and it made a noise, but wouldn't fold. What's the fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Usually just needs lube and to work through a cycle or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you heard it trying to fold twice just lube it. If it’s a dealer have them fix it.

JeepTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve got same issue with second row captains chair on my 2007 as well. But with mine the back of the seat will fold down, the seat then does nothing else. Doesn’t matter if use the button or manual release.

Live what exactly? I can’t see or get to anything hardly with the way it is.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’ll need to get under it with a screwdriver to pop it loose. 2 people make it easier. Pull the latch and have someone behind or beside the seat with a long screwdriver or pry bar. Once it’s up lube every moving part and test it before putting back. For giggles try pushing down on the back of the seat after the back folds down while you lift the side lever it might pop loose for you

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’ll need to get under it with a screwdriver to pop it loose. 2 people make it easier. Pull the latch and have someone behind or beside the seat with a long screwdriver or pry bar. Once it’s up lube every moving part and test it before putting back. For giggles try pushing down on the back of the seat after the back folds down while you lift the side lever it might pop loose for you
Agree on the push down on back of seat and pull handle at same time. Maybe even sit on it, facing backwards after the seatback is folded, and pull on handle at same time. Careful not to break the handle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demetris