2105 LTZ Condenser, Cabin blend door, what else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bonedog

Reaction score
Please forgive the rambling here but I'm hoping you guys can lean in with me and help if you've experienced any of these issues.

A couple of weeks ago, I started hearing a noise that I suspected was my blend door under the dash. When I turned off the "recirculate" button, it would mostly go away. I made sure all of the dash vents were open (which they were) and thought the noise kind of went away. Over the past 48 hours, it now sounds like there's a continual hiss happening under the dash until/unless I turn on the defroster.

So last night, the AC stops working completely, then the heater doesn't respond unless I dial it up to 83 degrees. Then today the AC didn't work again. It made me wonder if that little letter I received from GM had anything to do with my issue.

Has anyone dealt with the leaking/cracked condenser per the bulletin that came out and, if so, do any of my issues sound like they'd be related?
I looked at the coupling where the bulletin notes there could be a crack, and mine has a slight oily deposit around the area. Since I don't have a black light, I can't check for the fluorescence.

Looking for any advice and help you guys may have. I'm 1200 miles away from the 60k cutoff so I'm going to take it in to the dealer anyway BUT I wanted to be armed with your collective experience before I do.
Thank you!

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The hiss is a loose or broken off vacuum line that controls all the doors under the dash, temp, vents etc. condenser being cracked has no bearing on that, all that will do is leak freon and you will have no cold air from the a/c and the compressor will not turn on. Your climate control (buttons on the dash) sounds like it took a dump or a vacuum line under the dash or actuator is bad.

OP
OP
B

bonedog

Reaction score
I can confirm that the noises and issues happening were being caused by the low freon that came from the leaking condenser. No vacuum leaks, cracked hoses, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz

Latest posts