2022 z71 tahoe oil leak!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jguzman90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I'm new to the page and need some help with someone explaining the difficulty level of fixing this leak... it seems to be coming from whatever doo hicky is above the oil filter. Which is coming down and it looks like it's the bolt in the center of the picture... I can't figure out whether it's an easy fix or not.. I don't want to say it's coming from the main seal.. but I do want to tighten the bolts to see if that will keep it from leaking... or is the a job for the dealership?
1000014969.jpg

ChrisYukon

Reaction score
I can't tell anything from that photo - but your truck is a '22 and still under warranty. If it's leaving oil spots underneath it, that's a warranty issue. Take it to the dealer.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

It is under warranty and therefore, DO NOT TOUCH IT. If they see you have, they can blame you and try to charge you. It says in the owner's manual, Take to Dealer with ANY warranty problems.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm new to the page and need some help with someone explaining the difficulty level of fixing this leak... it seems to be coming from whatever doo hicky is above the oil filter. Which is coming down and it looks like it's the bolt in the center of the picture... I can't figure out whether it's an easy fix or not.. I don't want to say it's coming from the main seal.. but I do want to tighten the bolts to see if that will keep it from leaking... or is the a job for the dealership?
View attachment 428181
Welp, it's good to know that the LT engines haven't solved that leaking problem at the oil cooler plate above the filter that plagued the LS engines too.

I agree with the others here. Let the dealer fix that. Those are small bolts threaded into aluminum. If you get down there with a wrench and go all gorilla on them, you'll strip the threads and have a real problem on your hands. Ask me how I know. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cort84