2022 Yukon xl Denali- swap my captain seats for bench seats-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jessiezam

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’ve just purchased a 2022 Yukon xl denali, but it comes with 2 captain seats. We’re looking to trade for the matching bench seats. This leather has a “x” stitching and the leather is perforated. I am hoping to find matching bench so the interior all matches . I am located in southern California IMG_3893.jpegIMG_3889.jpeg

Yukon_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Black leather bench 2nd row seat, more like a 70/30 or 80/20 so that the passenger side can flip forward to allow for easy access to 3rd row. For that matter the other side can do that as well. I am actually supposed to meet someone super local to my area, to swap seats in the coming days, but if that does not actually happen, I can be available for the swap.

KP_in_GA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just finished the same swap this weekend. My 2022 Yukon XL Denali came with vented power-fold captain chairs. My original seats were perforated leather, but the bench seat looks like the 3rd row seat.

Here are a couple of things to keep in mind:
1) The passenger seat went in with no modifications.
2) You will need to cut the carpet. The trim will not cover the he previous seat mounts.
3) You should seal the original driver side bolt holes. You will need to remove a sealer tape from the bolt holes on the RH side of the bench seat.
4) I removed too much carpet from the RH side. Do not extend the existing passenger seat hole. There should be a carpet strip 2-3 inches between seats.
5) The Denali trim next to the door does not fit with the bench seat. I had to cut the floor molding that covers the door. I also had to cut the inboard molding of that LH rail.
6) The bench seat does not have a vented seat or the electronic folding. The electrical connector is tucked under carpet.
7) The bench has 6 bolt holes. The captain chair only had 4 bolts. You should have the two extra bolts to hold the weight of the extra passenger on the bench. The middle seat belt is only attached to the bench (not the vehicle).IMG_6814.jpg

Overall the process was easy.
IMG_6794.jpg

Yukon_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just finished the same swap this weekend. My 2022 Yukon XL Denali came with vented power-fold captain chairs. My original seats were perforated leather, but the bench seat looks like the 3rd row seat.

Here are a couple of things to keep in mind:
1) The passenger seat went in with no modifications.
2) You will need to cut the carpet. The trim will not cover the he previous seat mounts.
3) You should seal the original driver side bolt holes. You will need to remove a sealer tape from the bolt holes on the RH side of the bench seat.
4) I removed too much carpet from the RH side. Do not extend the existing passenger seat hole. There should be a carpet strip 2-3 inches between seats.
5) The Denali trim next to the door does not fit with the bench seat. I had to cut the floor molding that covers the door. I also had to cut the inboard molding of that LH rail.
6) The bench seat does not have a vented seat or the electronic folding. The electrical connector is tucked under carpet.
7) The bench has 6 bolt holes. The captain chair only had 4 bolts. You should have the two extra bolts to hold the weight of the extra passenger on the bench. The middle seat belt is only attached to the bench (not the vehicle).View attachment 423633

Overall the process was easy.
View attachment 423632
This is all great input, thanks so much for sharing it. Did you not get the floor seat moldings to swap out for the bench so there would not be any cutting involved? Or did that matter? Tuxmat floor mats will help hide any missing carpet or missing molding at that door opening area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660