2022 Tahoe - Rattles and noises

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have a 2022 Tahoe and experience seemingly endless amounts of noises and rattles? I've currently got three or four that are driving me crazy. The dealer fixed one a while back which ended up being some sort of loose clip under the vehicle which flopped around in the wind at cruising speed but now, I've got a couple seemingly coming from the captain's chairs in the second row, one from the passenger side floorboard/door area (maybe seat? hard to tell).

I feel like for a brand-new vehicle that's just over a year old, one shouldn't be having this issue. Anyone else experiencing this and have success eliminating them?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a TSB out for captians charis:

I have a few in my Denali they haven't gotten fixed yet...its a very plastic on plastic type squeak/rattle from center stack area, seems to occur w/ body flex or hitting bumps...thats the only one I have remaining...but I had a few up front as well (2nd row seats, Loose Bose Tag on Passenger Side speaker grill, and one more I can't recall right now).

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Similar issues

Just had a success; truck was in for different warranty work and the technician solved a hyper annoying clicking noise. I thought it was the HVAC fan, turned out to be a loose cable in the engine bay.

Rangerdeepv

Reaction score
Just brought my '21 Yukon in for a low bass noise from the back end while turning when first running. Hope it is only a clip or something caught that I can't see and not anything else.

sfrn12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone else have a 2022 Tahoe and experience seemingly endless amounts of noises and rattles? I've currently got three or four that are driving me crazy. The dealer fixed one a while back which ended up being some sort of loose clip under the vehicle which flopped around in the wind at cruising speed but now, I've got a couple seemingly coming from the captain's chairs in the second row, one from the passenger side floorboard/door area (maybe seat? hard to tell).

I feel like for a brand-new vehicle that's just over a year old, one shouldn't be having this issue. Anyone else experiencing this and have success eliminating them?
Yes! It drove me insane with the constant rattling. It was the heat shield that came loose.

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes! It drove me insane with the constant rattling. It was the heat shield that came loose.
Any idea where that heat shield is located? My latest rattle isn't really a rattle so much as it's a kind of slight "pop" or "crack" every now and then. Doesn't do it constantly. Seemingly coming from the back of the vehicle somewhere (sounds inside maybe driver side).

I've never been more frustrated with a brand new vehicle in my life. At some point you expect rattles and things but it's been like this since day one and I bought it with 1 mile on it.

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just brought my '21 Yukon in for a low bass noise from the back end while turning when first running. Hope it is only a clip or something caught that I can't see and not anything else.
Did you figure out what was causing it?

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a TSB out for captians charis:

I have a few in my Denali they haven't gotten fixed yet...its a very plastic on plastic type squeak/rattle from center stack area, seems to occur w/ body flex or hitting bumps...thats the only one I have remaining...but I had a few up front as well (2nd row seats, Loose Bose Tag on Passenger Side speaker grill, and one more I can't recall right now).
Oh wow. Had no idea. I've not received anything in the mail like I have before for other recalls and things. Maybe they don't notify for TSB? But at any rate, I'm going to mention this because one if not both captains chairs make noises at different times. Used to be passenger I'd hear constantly but now it's driver side it seems.

dancastro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TSB are not recalls, and owners are not notified by the Manufacturer
Agree, you have to periodically search TSB's.
In addition to the rattle, GM has issued them for radio cut out on startup (23-NA-183) & poor wireless charger performance (22-NA-235). The thing that gripes me is the dealer doesn't let you know about them when in for service!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar