2022 Tahoe - Dash source list no longer includes CarPlay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the day I got my Tahoe and connected it to CarPlay, it's shown up in the source list in the dash. I typically change the source, e.g., Sirius, CarPlay, FM, etc. using the button on the steering wheel and every source is in the list except CarPlay all of a sudden:
It's not like it's the end of the world, but CarPlay has been in this list since I bought the vehicle so it's driving me nuts that it's now missing. Did an update on the phone (I did recently update to iOS 16, but I didn't pay close enough attention if this happened with that update.

I've removed my phone from the Tahoe and re-connected it numerous times and the issue remains. Anyone else seeing this or can confirm it's happening on iOS 16 but not previous versions?

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still having this issue. Anyone care to test it out on your 2022? I've forgot the phone and disconnected CarPlay numerous times, checked software updates on the Tahoe, and clicked through menus trying to find anything but no luck.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still having this issue. Anyone care to test it out on your 2022? I've forgot the phone and disconnected CarPlay numerous times, checked software updates on the Tahoe, and clicked through menus trying to find anything but no luck.
Are you sure this isn't how it is suppsoed to work...logic:
Source is already on Car Play, so it is not available to select.
Try selecting FM or something and see if Car Play becomes available and FM disappears...
Ie, you can't select the current source.

Jellyfrosh

Reaction score
Sometimes mine does this but if I select bluetooth it comes back and just goes to the Apple Carplay screen.

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes mine does this but if I select bluetooth it comes back and just goes to the Apple Carplay screen.
No go for me. Selecting bluetooth just tells me there's bluetooth devices connected

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure this isn't how it is suppsoed to work...logic:
Source is already on Car Play, so it is not available to select.
Try selecting FM or something and see if Car Play becomes available and FM disappears...
Ie, you can't select the current source.
Yep. From day one, CarPlay was an option in the dash source list. Only thing I can figure is the new iOS update changed something. Me updating my phone seems to coincide with the dash source list change but I can't be sure.

Cliff-Yukon

Reaction score
On your iPhone go to settings and make sure you have car play turned on your phone. If off maybe the car knows it’s not an option???

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the tardy reply.

My dash list has:
AM
FM
Sirius XM
Apple Car Play
iHeartRadio
Pandora
GoogleNews
USB

Assume the iHeart to GoogleNews require the appropriate Apps Installed
Ok so you’re still shows CarPlay. Can you tell me what version of iOS you’re on as well as version of software the infotainment system is on?
On your iPhone go to settings and make sure you have car play turned on your phone. If off maybe the car knows it’s not an option???
CarPlay is enabled. In the video I posted you can see I’m currently using CarPlay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts