2021 Tahoe theft horn wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the way mine is setup you can't cut a wire or break a window or open a door, or short a light out, pop the hood, jack it up, tow it away or basically anything without triggering the alarm
that doesn't it can't get stolen or broken into it just means I will know about it if it happens instantly.

Last edited:

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm, I have had 3rd party alarms for 40 years, no problems to speak other than the fob wearing out which is to be expected for a wear item. i think one brain needed to be replaced once back in the 90's but they have a lifetime warranty so it didn't cost me a dime.
maybe if you have the local shade tree guy install it then you might have issue's
when I get a new vehicle it's the first thing to get done, these vehicles are too easy to steal or break into at least a alarm "helps" move the problem on too the next guy with no protection. If a potential thief can see there is a alarm they are less likely to risk getting caught by triggering it and will pass you up.
if you live in a city it's pretty much a "need to have" item., country living..maybe not so much.
I got tired of my vehicles getting broke into real fast.....
if you really don't want to install a alarm then you could connect a blinking red or blue led up on the headliner & front window where it is visible at night and that's really the thing that a thief "see's" so you could fake them out with very little cost. you can even buy the window stickers online for cheap also
wife was talked into installed 3rd party systems in a few of her trucks, the last 2 failed in epic fashions (intermittent no start, random alarms, very fun stuff); both installed by dealers addon shop so they got to point at themselves and argue in house

i can only imagine how this would play out if a 3rd party was involved; she isn't allowed to buy anymore alarms

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wife was talked into installed 3rd party systems in a few of her trucks, the last 2 failed in epic fashions (intermittent no start, random alarms, very fun stuff); both installed by dealers addon shop so they got to point at themselves and argue in house

i can only imagine how this would play out if a 3rd party was involved; she isn't allowed to buy anymore alarms
I can only recomend the directed brands as they have a lifetime warranty and have been around for over 40 years
if there is ever a problem like you noted above as long as it was installed by a authorized dealer they will fix or replace it

it is worth noting that if your vehicle is under factory warranty and you have a alarm installed and if the dealer needs to do certain types of diagnostics they may require that the alarm be disconnected to perform those diagnostics (while under warranty) due to GM's guidelines. but those situations are pretty rare and it is not all that hard to have the alarm disconnected if need be.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can only recomend the directed brands as they have a lifetime warranty and have been around for over 40 years
if there is ever a problem like you noted above as long as it was installed by a authorized dealer they will fix or replace it

it is worth noting that if your vehicle is under factory warranty and you have a alarm installed and if the dealer needs to do certain types of diagnostics they may require that the alarm be disconnected to perform those diagnostics (while under warranty) due to GM's guidelines. but those situations are pretty rare and it is not all that hard to have the alarm disconnected if need be.

I just had this play out in Ram land, I have an addon which lets me fully disable the part of traction control which doesn't let the wheels spin in 4x4. The addon has a lifetime warranty, all very nice. But when it failed in a way which caused intermittent 'service trailer system' alarms on the dash. I didn't know it was the traction control device, so when the dealer (under warranty) dug into the problem and found the failed 3rd party device, guess what, $500 bill for the labor to figure this out.

The 3rd party was very happy to give me a new device, but no joy against the dealer labor rate.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just had this play out in Ram land, I have an addon which lets me fully disable the part of traction control which doesn't let the wheels spin in 4x4. The addon has a lifetime warranty, all very nice. But when it failed in a way which caused intermittent 'service trailer system' alarms on the dash. I didn't know it was the traction control device, so when the dealer (under warranty) dug into the problem and found the failed 3rd party device, guess what, $500 bill for the labor to figure this out.

The 3rd party was very happy to give me a new device, but no joy against the dealer labor rate.
the dealer should have disclosed any potential charges before they laid there hands on it beyond a inspection and any 3rd party parts should have been disclosed by you or removed/unplugged etc.
If I take mine to the dealer I do not hide anything from them, I also have a tune on mine if I take to the dealer and they are going to do some work that may require scanning it or flashing anything i take the tune off and return it to stock first.
my dealer in particular will call me up and say hey, you have this or that installed or changed, we need you to remove it before we can proceed, and that is how it should go.
there not going to start working on it, see I did something and then go ahead and do as they wish and turn around and say you owe us now... that's not how it goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401