2019s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i meant to say Jan '19
I’m going to complain about that too by saying they are rushing it and it’s goign to plagued with problems again! Lol jk Jan 2019 would be really soon and that possibility would be very interesting and exciting!

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Side note - I remember my sister getting her 07 Tahoe in July of 06. I was 13 and thought it was the coolest whip around town.

That is when I got Tahoe fever.

I’m going to complain about that too by saying they are rushing it and it’s goign to plagued with problems again! Lol jk Jan 2019 would be really soon and that possibility would be very interesting and exciting!

I have to agree..Buying the first year of the new Tahoe would not be a good idea.

BeavOR

Reaction score
That is when I got Tahoe fever.

I have to agree..Buying the first year of the new Tahoe would not be a good idea.

Is it just me or are others seeing a ton of new Ford Expediations on the road? I see a new one every day, and I keep wondering who is buying these?

Don’t get me wrong, they are a big improvement from previous models....but why would you choose that versus a XL or Burb?

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen a few new model navigators around here. The one in my neighborhood has a broken passenger side Day time running light (led). I never told him

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From Vero to Marathon, there are two of each Tahoe, Suburban and Yukon and Yukon XL for every competitor's truck on the highway it seems. They're everywhere down here and command a pretty penny too.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or are others seeing a ton of new Ford Expediations on the road? I see a new one every day, and I keep wondering who is buying these?

In Miami Beach the only Expeditions an Navigators I see are rentals. In Miami-Dade and Broward County I only see a sprinkling of Expeditions and Navigators. Seems every day I see another Tahoe,Suburban and Yukon on the road.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Don’t get me wrong, they are a big improvement from previous models....but why would you choose that versus a XL or Burb?
I love my Tahoe, but if I had 80k to burn I'd go for the Expedition over a 2018 Burb for a few reasons, like having a twin turbo making 400hp and 480lb/ft of torque instead of the 5.3 6sp, a usable 3rd row, the huge sunroof, and a much better audio sound system. I'm sure the new 2019 rst suburban with a 6.2 will be nice and all, but out of all the things, the 3rd row would be the deal breaker for me to ever buy a new Burb or XL.

UrbanSuburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny that rentals are being mentioned. I just got back from a 6000k (3800 Miles) trip from Toronto to Winnipeg in an 2018 Expedition. I was expecting to use a Dodge Durango that I was told I would be getting but when I showed up, no Durango but the owner asked me if I would like the Expediton instead. Hell ya, I was really looking forward to this. He cautioned me on the way out that this was a big vehicle and would I be comfortable driving it. I told him not to worry. During the time I had it, we had some really nasty ice and snow storms still to deal with and I can say the Expedition was ok during it. It really needs snow tires to keep that HP planted better although there was no thought given to trying to do anything stupid. The inside was really nice, that back fiip down console was the bees knees. Really nice. The inside of the rest was ok, nothing to write home about, but that motor, wow. Oink Oink, what power and what a gas guzzler, I averaged about 14 liters per 100 on the way, granted that was in some nasty weather but the trip home was in great weather and I only got down to 12.9 or 16 mpg in American measure. I did not tow anything, but I looked it up and was told that it could do just under 10k, pretty decent. The back seats in rear were power down and up. I had them down because the back did not have enough space. The truck rode pretty good and I really had nothing to complain about other than the looks were really bland on the outside. I think in my opinion Ford is doing a full court press with this vehicle as I see ads for it and the Naviagtor all the time. For them to make any kind of Headway they will have to court the government and munipical services like they have done successfully with the Explorer. They will also have to get them into more tv and movies as ad placements.
I have been watching around Toronto and I see very few of them and even less of the Naviagtor, price probably has more to do with that. Overall it was a great experience to drive one but I was really glad to get back into my Suburban. In my humble opinion while competition is great and drives change I don't think Ford is there yet.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my Tahoe, but if I had 80k to burn I'd go for the Expedition over a 2018 Burb for a few reasons, like having a twin turbo making 400hp and 480lb/ft of torque instead of the 5.3 6sp, a usable 3rd row, the huge sunroof, and a much better audio sound system. I'm sure the new 2019 rst suburban with a 6.2 will be nice and all, but out of all the things, the 3rd row would be the deal breaker for me to ever buy a new Burb or XL.

Good info.

Well reasoned, pragmatic points. Thanks.

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm in the market for a full sized pickup right now. I keep looking a Fords and keeping coming back to Chevy/GMC. The primary reason. Ford's available engine choices. I'm sure its a VERY capable and reliable motor but that twin turbo 6 is the exact reason why I would NOT buy a Ford. I've had GREAT luck with Ford in the past but I guess I'm just old school in my thinking that V8's belong in big trucks. Granted if I decide to add forced induction, it will come a price and/or a voided warranty but....

I completely agree about the usable 3rd row, at least as it relates to the SWB trucks. I never mention the 3rd seat issues anymore because the last time I did on this forum somebody bit my head off. That said, I'll be 49 years old this year and I'm recently divorced. My only kid is in high school. I have yet to use the 3rd row, or the DVD player for that matter, in any meaningful way for the entire two years that I've owned my Tahoe. I'd be okay if they optioned those two features out in future builds....

I do hope that GMC/Chevy follows the lead of Ford and the other car makers and adds the panoramic sunroof in the not too distant future. That is something I would use....

Last edited: