2019s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the most part, GM has been following a certain formula for introducing and updating their vehicles for over forty years. The new model is introduced. In the 3rd year many changes are made and in the 4th year other refinements or changes made and keep them for the 5th year, then the same pattern followed for the 6th and subsequent years until the new models are released. I'm not aware of them doing on the fly changes to keep up with the Jones'. These things are planned out many years in advance.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the most part, GM has been following a certain formula for introducing and updating their vehicles for over forty years. The new model is introduced. In the 3rd year many changes are made and in the 4th year other refinements or changes made and keep them for the 5th year, then the same pattern followed for the 6th and subsequent years until the new models are released. I'm not aware of them doing on the fly changes to keep up with the Jones'. These things are planned out many years in advance.

The latest generation scrapped IRS to get to market faster and it’s rumored they working to get the next generation out a model year earlier than originally planned. Both of these moves due to competitive pressure.

Worrying about the joneses is what may actually keep GM from going bankrupt.

Again.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. I'm guessing we'll see it by Jan 2020.
Wait what? Jan 2020 as a MY20 would be kind of late.

Any indication from previous redesign releases would hint towards a prior year summer introduction.

Side note - I remember my sister getting her 07 Tahoe in July of 06. I was 13 and thought it was the coolest whip around town.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait what? Jan 2020 as a MY20 would be kind of late.

Any indication from previous redesign releases would hint towards a prior year summer introduction.

Side note - I remember my sister getting her 07 Tahoe in July of 06. I was 13 and thought it was the coolest whip around town.

i meant to say Jan '19

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts