2018 Yukon Denali - Door Alignment Off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is NOT a hinge or alignment problem. I'll post a photo later today to illustrate what is wrong with the door.

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you notice within the top and bottom circles, the door is slightly lower than the adjacent door. The first impression is simply raising the door would address the problem. There are, however, some other issues to consider. First, if you note the two inner circles, the door is aligned slightly lower BUT not as much as the top and bottom circles. Second (by actual measurement) the gap at the front and top of the door are the same. Thus, if you were to raise the door, the door gaps would then be off as well as the middle two alignment points. While the bottom circle is the where the door (other poster's picture) sits proud of the adjacent door, it is not proud at the top, middle and lower middle. If you were to attempt to make the door flush at the bottom, it would be recessed (not flush) at the lower middle and upper middle. This is a much bigger manufacturing problem than simply a hinge adjustment.

EDIT: Also notice the upper door panel crease where it aligns perfectly with the crease on the front quarter panel ... perfect alignment. If one were to raise the back of the door and not the front, the door gaps would look nasty.

IMG_0120_LI.jpg

Last edited:

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you notice within the top and bottom circles, the door is slightly lower than the adjacent door. The first impression is simply raising the door would address the problem. There are, however, some other issues to consider. First, if you note the two inner circles, the door is aligned slightly lower BUT not as much as the top and bottom circles. Second (by actual measurement) the gap at the front and top of the door are the same. Thus, if you were to raise the door, the door gaps would then be off as well as the middle two alignment points. While the bottom circle is the where the door (other poster's picture) sits proud of the adjacent door, it is not proud at the top, middle and lower middle. If you were to attempt to make the door flush at the bottom, it would be recessed (not flush) at the lower middle and upper middle. This is a much bigger manufacturing problem than simply a hinge adjustment.

EDIT: Also notice the upper door panel crease where it aligns perfectly with the crease on the front quarter panel ... perfect alignment. If one were to raise the back of the door and not the front, the door gaps would look nasty?

Hard to tell from your pic, is the crease off at the front of the for too? Could the whole door be shifted up slightly?

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No...the two front creases are in perfect alignment. Skewing the back of the door upward will make the gaps look ugly.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happens with any assembled component. My Tahoe is off. The driver door rattles on the locking latch on LARGE bumps. So I just adjusted the striker plates as best I could and went from there. As others have said, this wasn't hand built and doesn't cost $200k (the price of admission for perfection, I guess). The computer gets the door alignment the best it can and then goes from there.

And ALL vehicles have this, cheap econoboxes to expensive mass-produced. You can fix it some and live with it, or ???

Enjoy the ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn