2018 Tahoe LT drivers side window switch bezel rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomas21

Reaction score
Still can't get the switch bezel area to stop rattling...

Since day 1 from the dealer our 2018 Tahoe LT has a slight rattle when driving sometimes from the window switch bezel area. If I press my left knee against the bezel are the sounds goes away.

Any suggestions how to fix or identify the cause? Also any easy way to remove bezel or require removal of entire panel?

Last edited:

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could try spraying silicone around the entire edge of the bezel where it joins the door panel,(the crack),and see if it will seep down into the door panel. I had an early build 2015 and the center console had several squeaks which I could not stand. It took care of all of them. The silicone will not hurt the plastic or the electronics. Just wipe off the access with a soft cloth. I am pretty sure you have to remove the door panel for the switch panel. There is a youtube that shows how to remove it. I used the youtube from a 2015 Silverado but the process is the same. That was several years ago but there may be one now of a Tahoe or Yukon. Good luck.

OP
OP
T

tomas21

Reaction score
Thanks.. I will search again to see if I can find any youtube videos where I can remove only the Window Switch Bezel - GM (22910937). My idea is to put some tape that has felt for interior parts that would reduce or stop the possible plastic rubbing / rattling against each other while driving in various conditions. Otherwise I guess I'll have to take the door panel off and see how I can remove the window switch bezel.

1643213710525.png

Last edited:

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could try spraying silicone around the entire edge of the bezel where it joins the door panel,(the crack),and see if it will seep down into the door panel. I had an early build 2015 and the center console had several squeaks which I could not stand. It took care of all of them. The silicone will not hurt the plastic or the electronics. Just wipe off the access with a soft cloth. I am pretty sure you have to remove the door panel for the switch panel. There is a youtube that shows how to remove it. I used the youtube from a 2015 Silverado but the process is the same. That was several years ago but there may be one now of a Tahoe or Yukon. Good luck.
Can you describe where you sprayed to get rid of squeaks on the center console?

OP
OP
T

tomas21

Reaction score
Any tips on how to carefully remove the Window Switch Bezel on a 2018 Tahoe or does it require removing the entire door panel? I want to remove the bezel, apply felt tape all inside where possible rubbing & vibrations are happening to see if that solves the annoying issue.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeff, anywhere that two pieces of plastic would meet where there is a crack so the silicone can seep into the cracks..

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score

tomas, do a Google search and look at this video "How to Replace Master Power Window Switch 14-19 Chevy Silverado LT" by 1A auto.​

OP
OP
T

tomas21

Reaction score
Thanks @Tahoe14 but unfortunate the door panel is different that the Tahoe as pictured so it isn't the same. I'll keep searching.

tomas, do a Google search and look at this video "How to Replace Master Power Window Switch 14-19 Chevy Silverado LT" by 1A a​

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tomas, unfortunately I have to go back to my original post and say the door panel has to come off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gmdealerguy