2016 yukon xl denali 4inch lift 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Adam10532

Adam10532

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad it's getting sorted out. They told me that kit was garbage. If anyone wants a true 4" then get zone or bds
well my issues have just been the front never came up to a true 4 inch other then that no noises and rides like stock this kit is just a expensive level kit fab tech explained to me that 15+ gm suv had there upper and lower control arms re designed differently from previous years before , so therefore the kit that they ran all the time could not be used on this particular set up so they had to come down on the front because of extreme rubbing issues and the boots ripping real prematurely. The kit that's on my yukon currently has been the same kit since 2007 with minor changes from year to year accommodating any changes from prior years.

OP
OP
Adam10532

Adam10532

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well my issues have just been the front never came up to a true 4 inch other then that no noises and rides like stock this kit is just a expensive level kit fab tech explained to me that 15+ gm suv had there upper and lower control arms re designed differently from previous years before , so therefore the kit that they ran all the time could not be used on this particular set up so they had to come down on the front because of extreme rubbing issues and the boots ripping real prematurely. The kit that's on my yukon currently has been the same kit since 2007 with minor changes from year to year accommodating any changes from prior years.
side view of a 1 inch spacer in the r

20170923_160919.jpg

Joshb0718

Reaction score
so I called fabtech they sent me a 1 inch lower rear spacer so here is the new pictures

View attachment 182494 View attachment 182495 View attachment 182496

I had this same issue! Looks like a leveling kit with the rear way high! I also had it done at 4wp. Fabtech also offered me a lower rear spacer, I didn’t want that since it wouldn’t give me the lift look and only the leveling look. And for nearly $4k that didn’t seem right. I had a level kit on it before and the final solution was 4wp put on the bottom 1.5” spacer from another lift and it helped even it out better. Attached is the level kit pic, 4” fabtech lift kit, and final the 4” plus the 1.5” to make it really a 4” kit. Only about another $50 in parts to get what you want. 8da2ffecb49cfe039de9ad4c2709504d.jpg86bc8853d0fefeb4d9467add49dffb6d.jpg95ba5011197eb901e992cc7630da453d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Adam10532

Adam10532

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this same issue! Looks like a leveling kit with the rear way high! I also had it done at 4wp. Fabtech also offered me a lower rear spacer, I didn’t want that since it wouldn’t give me the lift look and only the leveling look. And for nearly $4k that didn’t seem right. I had a level kit on it before and the final solution was 4wp put on the bottom 1.5” spacer from another lift and it helped even it out better. Attached is the level kit pic, 4” fabtech lift kit, and final the 4” plus the 1.5” to make it really a 4” kit. Only about another $50 in parts to get what you want. 8da2ffecb49cfe039de9ad4c2709504d.jpg86bc8853d0fefeb4d9467add49dffb6d.jpg95ba5011197eb901e992cc7630da453d.jpg

So you're telling me you have a another brand of a lower strut spacer. As well as a upper strut spacer that was original Fabtech kit

Joshb0718

Reaction score
So you're telling me you have a another brand of a lower strut spacer. As well as a upper strut spacer that was original Fabtech kit
That is correct, otherwise the kit is basically a level kit

OP
OP
Adam10532

Adam10532

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is correct, otherwise the kit is basically a level kit

Wow I knew I had that as an option I suggested it to 4wp they told me no way that's a kit on a kit it is unsafe. your boots are going to rip , your axles are going to be in horrible CV joint angles
is that what you're experiencing any hitting on the lower control arm while turning and or are your boots ripping. they wouldn't do it for me for liability reasons

Joshb0718

Reaction score
Wow I knew I had that as an option I suggested it to 4wp they told me no way that's a kit on a kit it is unsafe. your boots are going to rip , your axles are going to be in horrible CV joint angles
is that what you're experiencing any hitting on the lower control arm while turning and or are your boots ripping. they wouldn't do it for me for liability reasons
They are the ones that offered it to me! I told them if it was safe then why wouldn’t fabtech add it and make their kit better for minimal cost? Everything is seemingly great. Dropping 1-2” in the rear is all fabtech would offer me. If you are interested in it, have your 4wp call the 4wp in plank, tx and y’all to them about it?

OP
OP
Adam10532

Adam10532

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are the ones that offered it to me! I told them if it was safe then why wouldn’t fabtech add it and make their kit better for minimal cost? Everything is seemingly great. Dropping 1-2” in the rear is all fabtech would offer me. If you are interested in it, have your 4wp call the 4wp in plank, tx and y’all to them about it?
thanks for the info what was the brand on the lower strut spacer made by?

Joshb0718

Reaction score
Pretty sure it was a skyjacker 1.5” but looks exactly like my offbrand level kit spacer (level kit was $60 and came with upper and lower parts, only used lower parts since fabtech comes with upper)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE