2015 Yukon HID Conversion from The Retrofit Source

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BklynJay718

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yessir! thanks for the recommendation! I'm ordering the 5202 hid fog light conversion kit as week speak/type lol

BuffaloBigJ

Reaction score
I just installed the HID Xtreme kit from Xenondepot. I went with the 5000k Phillips upgrade and ran the relay instead of the canbus fix that was included. Everything seems to be running perfectly since I put them in on Monday.

The stock housings really work well with the hid. The cutoff is great and the light pattern is perfect. The difference from the stock lights to the hid is astounding. I can't believe GM doesn't put hid as standard. This was the first vehicle ina long time that I bought which didn't have HID. I've had my 15 Yukon XL for less than two weeks and had to make the change!

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE using Tapatalk Pro

BuffaloBigJ

Reaction score
Here is a shot of the before and after the xenon depot kit was installed.

Organs_Rare

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm glad I decided to go with another HID kit from Amazon with quality Philips bulbs....and the kicker....it was less than half of the TRS kit!

I have to say as much as I wanted to install an HID kit I also had heard of these type horror stories and was very apprehensive about taking the leap...

But I now have 15K miles on my 15 Suburban- including 5 road trips which involved a min 12-13 hours each way much of which was in the dark WITHOUT A SINGLE ISSUE!!

This is the kit I went with:
OPT7® Bolt AC 55w HID Xenon Conversion Kit w/ Relay Harness & Capacitors - 2 Year Warranty - H11 (5000K, Bright White) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CC2ZU4K/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_iO42vbMDRMRCW

Two questions : Do they work alright as the daytime running lights? I'm concerned only because on the Amazon page I'm not sure if you have to shut off the automatic on switch every time you start up the truck. I have no experience installing these kits.

Also, it says on the page it doesn't fit 2015 Tahoe... But clearly fits on Yukon so I should be okay yes?

BMPNUGLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya they work fine as DRLs - although w the relay kit they are on w full power as DRLs...which I wish there was an easier way to turn them off for DRLs other than having the ECU reprogrammed.....

And yes they will work with anything that has an H11 low beam bulb basically.... Amazon also said it did not fit my Suburban but the kit worked just fine.

Still no issues after 20,2XX miles...

OP
OP
S

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the OPT7 kit on the shelf in my garage. I can't wait to get it installed and chuck the TRS junk in the trash where it belongs!

bourgeois

Reaction score
I just installed the HID Xtreme kit from Xenondepot. I went with the 5000k Phillips upgrade and ran the relay instead of the canbus fix that was included. Everything seems to be running perfectly since I put them in on Monday.

The stock housings really work well with the hid. The cutoff is great and the light pattern is perfect. The difference from the stock lights to the hid is astounding. I can't believe GM doesn't put hid as standard. This was the first vehicle ina long time that I bought which didn't have HID. I've had my 15 Yukon XL for less than two weeks and had to make the change!

Have you had problems with just the relay installed? I have the canbus and relay with no problems, just more plugs. I might try and un plug the canbus and see what is does

BuffaloBigJ

Reaction score
Have you had problems with just the relay installed? I have the canbus and relay with no problems, just more plugs. I might try and un plug the canbus and see what is does

I have had zero issues with just the relay. Everything has worked perfect since being installed a few weeks ago.

Organs_Rare

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Installed the opt7 kit. It worked for a solid week and half. Now nothing. A little frustrated to say the least.

Anyone have trouble plugging into the vehicle harness? I could only get it to work one way which I think was backwards wiring wise. I probably toasted the ballasts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Five3brian

Latest posts