2015 Tahoe LTZ and texting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimim

Reaction score
Hello. New here. We just got our new 2015 LTZ. Getting used to it. Man, huge change from our 2011 LTZ.

Anyway, does anyone know if it is possible to get texting on the mylink? I find it weird you can do it on older model cars from chevy but not this.

Anyone have any info re: this?

Thanks,
jim

jmitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
J

jimim

Reaction score
GTPprix (Chris) on this forum is the man you need to talk to. Through his company White Auto and Media he can provide some programming to get texting working through the MyLink. I just had this done and it is a very nice upgrade. Here is another thread with some info...

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61771

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61549

PS - It is very unfortunate that this feature didn't come standard with a new model in today's tech-era.

thanks for the info! Ya chevy is just always behind. I really thought they stepped it up this time, but still fell just a bit shy. Still good though.

While I'm at it I got another question. Am I correct in assuming when I am listening to either pandora or xm i can't change or search for saved pandora stations or change xm stations with using the dash display? I need to use the touch screen on the mylink screen only? I know i can search my iphone music through the dash but I can't seem to do this with xm or pandora.

thanks again
jim

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

I only have 2 posts so can't pm anyone yet. what would get unlocked if i had this done? how does the texting work then? what else would be diff?

thanks again,
jim