2015 Tahoe - issues with collision alert?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cr1084

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing issues with the collision alert? I have mine set on the most sensitive setting, but it does not appear to be working well at all. From my standpoint, it should alert the driver when the space between you and the car head of you is closing rapidly. I have tried experimenting with this, and have had to slam on my brakes to avoid a collision, but still no warning.

Thoughts? any known fixes out there?

why_fly_high

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have found it to be worthless. little green car in the display turns yellow but I don't get any sound or seat warning. I have not dug into the setting to figure out if this can change.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello cr1084,

We are sorry to hear of the concerns you are having. We'd like to look further into this. If you would like our assistance, please send us a private message with your VIN. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,

Andraya R.
GM Customer Care

ecanem

Reaction score
My collision alert went off on my drive home with my Yukon. The seat vibrated and a red light flashed off my windshield. It seemed pretty sensitive to me.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What ever happened to the passenger who just screamed wake up look out. Man how we rely on technology.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My collision alert went off on my drive home with my Yukon. The seat vibrated and a red light flashed off my windshield. It seemed pretty sensitive to me.

I for one am not a fan of integrating so many features. More stuff to break....... more electrical problems....... more crap to have to go to the stealership for

Billtudor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Collision alert doesn't work

My 2015 Yukon is great but the collision alert just doesn't work. The little green car comes on when there is a car ahead but it never turns yellow or red when approaching the vehicle. I've had to slam on the brakes I was so close but still no notification. We had a 2012 Equinox before and it worked flawlessly. It seems like their is an adjustment or recall needed.

Billtudor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello cr1084,

We are sorry to hear of the concerns you are having. We'd like to look further into this. If you would like our assistance, please send us a private message with your VIN. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,

Andraya R.
GM Customer Care
Jennifer,
my Yukon has the same issue. The red car never comes on.

Bill

rgpie75

Reaction score
Mine seems to work. I get the red flash on the windshield and seat vibration when someone pulls out in front of me. I've noticed the green or yellow car indicator when a car is in front of me as well though never really paid attention to see if it turns red when I get closer. Probably because I'm looking at the car in front of me and not the display when I'm tailgating!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I HATE THE STUPID RED LIGHT...and the stupid Green Car and the Stupid Yellow Car

it nearly caused me to have a wreck the first few times it went off. I've fiddled with the settings and it's on the lease sensitive now...but still occurs from time to time.

Strangely the red flash doesn't occur due to cars directly in-front of me. It happens when the car in front changes lanes and slows down (ie: makes a turn from side lane). the collision crap thinks it's stopping in front of me. then the seat gives me my jollies while the dash flashes.

wish you could turn it off