2015 GMC YukonXL- Fox Coilovers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RB_Trucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m interested in seeing how your build goes, I have a 4wd ‘19 suburban Im looking to setup as a “prerunner”. 4” max height.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was to go with one of the 18x9.5 forged wheels in a matte black. The thing weighs 28lb and the nitto 34” tire weighs 50lb so I was going to be saving 25lb of weight on each wheel compared to 20x10 and 10 ply tires. Figured that might help
Compensate for the 5.3 instead of 6.2 a little.They’re still like $300 a wheel for an 18x9.5 so I was hoping black rhino was on par with Fuel and Hostile. I hate hearing that you had issues. We’re they by chance 22 or 24”? I had so many issues with my 24’s before holding air.
The wheel rep told me it was normal with 24’s to have to check air pressure frequently as they lose air. I never did 24’s again.

mine were 22x9.5
a guy down the road from me had same rims, but in 24.
i stopped by to inquire w/ him... he had issues too. he got Dub rims & hasnt had issues since.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put 2.0 fox shocks in the front of my wifes denali and pretty sure they netter all of 3” of lift at there preset lift height. I had 1.5” leveling kit on it first, but took it off when I installed the fox shocks. So I was not exactly sure how much height I originally got from the shocks. I have them lowered down to somewhere around 2” now, because I wanted to leave the rear at factory height. My point is, you should not need any leveling kit with the fox shocks. They will already adjust too high for the factory control arms/suspension cycle.

199BCA55-0FBE-485A-90C0-862F28552D5E.jpeg

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have spoke with Shock Surplus staff several times...
the 2.0 fox comes PRESET AT 2", the 2.5 i cannot recall but i believe it is set at 3"....both are adjustable, but those measurements are stated as MAX height due to shock internals.

i dont recall what was said about ICON, but generally there parts are just more expensive and no real difference in performance.

the best ride will come from the 2.5" or 3" Fox or King, versus the 2.0...but that said, the 2.0 has plenty of performance for most daily drivers.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm putting the 4" BDS kit on my '15 Tahoe next month, BUT...
I've done a fair amount of research and it sounds like we are on a similar page.
I believe that +4" is exactly where the Tahoe/Yukon needs to sit for a solid overlanding vehicle.
I currently am running Fox 2.0 - out of the box +2" ride height actually gave me about 3" up front when first installed. I cranked them down just a bit (was worried about angles) so I am sitting at +2.25" from stock.

Chevy, Fox and BDS Suspension have ALL told me in phone conversations that these trucks' geometry is pretty much maxed out at +2.5", anything over should have serious wear on the suspension components.

Yes, a new UCA is a must for anything over 3" IMO.
I liked the look of the Fabtech 4" kit or the ReadyLift Suspension SST 4" kit.
These kits come with new UCAs, diff drop brackets and spacers for front and back.

Now, since you were liking the Fox shocks...
I had the idea to go with one of the 2 kits above and then instead of using their front strut spacer; I wanted to install my current Fox Coilovers. However - FOX told me directly that they "DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY SPACERS ON THE TOP OR BOTTOM OF OUR COILOVERS."
However, I have found a Fox product that I thought could work with both 4" lift kits AND save some money. The 2.5s are really nice, but are they necessary? I've been on a bit of a budget build so buying new 2.5s when I already have 2.0s seems a bit ridiculous (at least to some of my family members)

Cognito Fox Shocks 2.0 (4-6" adjustable ride height)
https://cognitomotorsports.com/cogn.../sierra-1500-performance-series-coilover.html
performanceseries_coilover_1.jpg

Fox 2.0 PSCO Single Front Coilover Shock For 4-6 Inch Lifts On 07-18 Silverado/Sierra 1500 Performance Series Coilover

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm putting the 4" BDS kit on my '15 Tahoe next month, BUT...
I've done a fair amount of research and it sounds like we are on a similar page.
I believe that +4" is exactly where the Tahoe/Yukon needs to sit for a solid overlanding vehicle.
I currently am running Fox 2.0 - out of the box +2" ride height actually gave me about 3" up front when first installed. I cranked them down just a bit (was worried about angles) so I am sitting at +2.25" from stock.

Chevy, Fox and BDS Suspension have ALL told me in phone conversations that these trucks' geometry is pretty much maxed out at +2.5", anything over should have serious wear on the suspension components.

Yes, a new UCA is a must for anything over 3" IMO.
I liked the look of the Fabtech 4" kit or the ReadyLift Suspension SST 4" kit.
These kits come with new UCAs, diff drop brackets and spacers for front and back.

Now, since you were liking the Fox shocks...
I had the idea to go with one of the 2 kits above and then instead of using their front strut spacer; I wanted to install my current Fox Coilovers. However - FOX told me directly that they "DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY SPACERS ON THE TOP OR BOTTOM OF OUR COILOVERS."
However, I have found a Fox product that I thought could work with both 4" lift kits AND save some money. The 2.5s are really nice, but are they necessary? I've been on a bit of a budget build so buying new 2.5s when I already have 2.0s seems a bit ridiculous (at least to some of my family members)

Cognito Fox Shocks 2.0 (4-6" adjustable ride height)
https://cognitomotorsports.com/cogn.../sierra-1500-performance-series-coilover.html
performanceseries_coilover_1.jpg

Fox 2.0 PSCO Single Front Coilover Shock For 4-6 Inch Lifts On 07-18 Silverado/Sierra 1500 Performance Series Coilover

Yea, I am pretty sure I gained all of 3” in height with the fox 2.0’s in there preset configuration, if not more like 3.5”.

I think fox’s preset numbers are for the trucks, as they are not really marketed for the suv’s.

Fullnelson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did stock wheels powered coated. Have a one off Kelderman set up for the ride keep it stock look. Running airlift 3h controller was going to lift but use for every day so stock is nice. Black grill is in the design stage hope to have it done soon 2C3CB0E8-2F5A-4329-8918-E3DA1B5B0E08.jpeg89D8980E-9DB9-40FB-8E51-F6B30E6049D4.jpeg

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did stock wheels powered coated. Have a one off Kelderman set up for the ride keep it stock look. Running airlift 3h controller was going to lift but use for every day so stock is nice. Black grill is in the design stage hope to have it done soon View attachment 265642View attachment 265643

Well hells bells, I wouldn’t mind knowing more about your suspension setup.

OP
OP
Nokturnal

Nokturnal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 16” Denali Yukon previously and had the Fabtech 4” kit. The front came with a 2” strut top spacer and UCA’s but nothing to drop the differential. I also swapped my front shocks after 150k miles on the fabtech 4” for the Fox 2.0 coilover. We could no longer utilize the front top spacer from fabtech but the Fox 2.0 did come out of the box at 2” higher and it came out to be 2” after installed. I left my 1” lower strut spacer on with the coilovers and the CV geometry was fine. I think you can see a couple other guys in the forum who have gone even 1.5” lower strut spacer and still had good geometry angles. I know
The 2.5 are wayyyyy overkill for my
Highway queen but I like the idea of having 3” lift out of the box with the 2.5. Fox rep said the 2.0 is perfect for the highway cruiser that still
Likes to go off-road and have better handling and towing weights. The 2.5 I think is for clients REALLY doing some off-roading and mountain climbing.

Ive still seen different sites saying different things see the Fox 2.5 coilover. Some day 0-2” adjustment and some says 3”.

OP
OP
Nokturnal

Nokturnal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m also a gonna squeeze in a 35” tire like the suburban at the very top. My install shop said they can make it fit if that’s what I want. The suburban up top only has the king 2.5 up front and UCA’s and said he got 3” lift up front. They did some cutting but the 35’s fit and look amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayden with 2011 y