2014 Z71 and auto lift gate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cruiserss396

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We just brought home a new to us 2014 Z71 with 28000 miles on the clock, black on black leather and captains chairs for the second row seating. We paid 38K for it and it's like new. Wife loves it.

I had to trade on a 2007 lifted FJ cruiser for it. My wife has become disabled and had very hard time getting into the FJ. It's rear door opened to the side.

I did not know the LTZ model came with a power lift and close gate. Is this a modification that can be added to one that does not have it? It would make it much more easy for her to access the rear of the vehicle. Getting it open is not much of an issue but closing an be difficult for her. It's the only thing we wish we had option wise. We had to go 4x4 so she feels safe on wet slippery roads, big monsoon rains and the accasional dirt road. The side steps and large door entry along with fold up second row captains makes for a good amount of space and easy access for her. Sorry to ramble.....we never knew what all the fuss was about until we drove one.....awsome machine for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman