2014 rough idle in Drive (109K miles)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JBravo1977

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2014, 5.3L Tahoe has recently developed this problem where every several seconds I feel a rough idle just for a second or so. At first, I thought another car had bumped into me at a red light, then realized it was happening whenever I was stopped in Drive. Any thoughts?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Any CEL? How old are tune related parts? Checked for vacuum leaks? Age of MAF and MAP? Throttle bore ever been cleaned? Miles on the rig?

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did have a low idle miss once that didn't produced a code. It is a long story what ended up being the problem and almost certainly isn't the issue with your model year.

Did you do a tune up at 100K miles?

You can buy a very inexpensive ODB scanner that will tell you if you do have any DTC's stored. Some as cheaply as $20 that work with a smart phone.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2014, 5.3L Tahoe has recently developed this problem where every several seconds I feel a rough idle just for a second or so. At first, I thought another car had bumped into me at a red light, then realized it was happening whenever I was stopped in Drive. Any thoughts?
i would check the spark plug cables I found two of mine loose this explains a lot of things [Surprised pikachu face] i pushed them and heard a *pop*..

OP
OP
J

JBravo1977

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I appreciate your input about the mounts, guys. Can somebody explain that to me like I know nothing about it?

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be helpful..

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I appreciate your input about the mounts, guys. Can somebody explain that to me like I know nothing about it?
The mounts hold the engine in place and are rubber or even fluid filled. I would have to look that up. The rubber can break and/or wear out and sag and allow the vibes from the engine to transfer to you and you feel it. They catch the torque of the engine when changing gears and accelerating. Easy to check.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sylentnite