2013 ltz 78k miles what should I pay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

petergriffen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The internet is saying around 30k is that a bit high? If I get in around 26 is that good?

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If she's truly clean and straight, I'd say it's a buy at anything under $28k. But values vary by market/region, and a vehicle is worth whatever the highest-paying buyer agrees to pay.

OP
OP
P

petergriffen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok thanks. I'm trying to get a maintenance record on it. I'll see if they can toss it on he lift for me

Anything specific I should look for besides normal items?

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
Anything specific I should look for besides normal items?

Take off the flywheel inspection cover and feel inside for oil (if the rear main is leaking, they could have wiped it off the transmission but chances are they didn't clean under the cover).

Jiggle all the u-joints. Pop the rear glass and look for rust on the hatch. And while you're there, make sure the defroster wires are still attached to the defroster.

Check the tie rod ends... NNBS trucks like to eat through tie rod ends, I replaced mine to get rid of some play, then had to replace one of the new ones because the boot split. Frustrating.

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats the truth.... Here in NY everyone has gold... seems like the prices here are always more than in the rest of the country.

Last edited:

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you done your rounds on kbb.com, edmunds.com, and nada.com Also compare prices at cars.com, autotrader.com, auto-rv.com, cargurus.com etc...

If you are really serious about a truck, then you can get all of the RPO's from compnine.com with definitions, all you need is the VIN. Well worth it IMHO, you can compare cars to see what was available too.

The informed buyer will make a better decision. Don't rush into the first one, compare, review and then go from there.

Most GM Car Dealerships can give you service history on most any GM car, the salespeople can be idiots, they say they can't but if you go to the service center with the VIN they can pull up the records of recalls, and warranty repairs.

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you done your rounds on kbb.com, edmunds.com, and nada.com Also compare prices at cars.com, autotrader.com, auto-rv.com, cargurus.com etc...

If you are really serious about a truck, then you can get all of the RPO's from compnine.com with definitions, all you need is the VIN. Well worth it IMHO, you can compare cars to see what was available too.

The informed buyer will make a better decision. Don't rush into the first one, compare, review and then go from there.

Most GM Car Dealerships can give you service history on most any GM car, the salespeople can be idiots, they say they can't but if you go to the service center with the VIN they can pull up the records of recalls, and warranty repairs.

Thats good information.

When I was more serious about a year ago.. i just looked at all the local dealers- which i know was a mistake.. Seems that Black, white were the only colors in the world. I was in CA and finally saw a different color it was that Dark green that looked black. really pretty color..

Good luck in your search.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ynamot

Latest posts