2013 Escalade, Magnetic Ride struts with 1” drop springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Escalade and recently noticed the “service suspension soon “ DIC message. After scanning the suspension module it threw a code for the passenger side MRC shock. The truck just cusped 120k miles, I can’t really notice anything out of the norm while driving but being a Michigan truck and most of our pot-holes being on the passenger side I’m going to assume that the shocks bad. So I was thinking about ordering a set of OEM MRC replacement shocks without springs and adding a set of 1” drop springs. I’m currently on a Beltech 2/4 drop and would like to get another 1” off the front and thought this would be a perfect opportunity to knock them both out at the same time.

My question is will the OEM MRC shocks play nice with a set of drop springs? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interested in hearing input on this as well. I'm currently riding around at stock height, but want to lower mine and don't want to go a full 2" drop up front and was thinking to use 1" drop springs.

I've also seen "drop cups" that McGaughy's offers:

OP
OP
J

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interested in hearing input on this as well. I'm currently riding around at stock height, but want to lower mine and don't want to go a full 2" drop up front and was thinking to use 1" drop springs.

I've also seen "drop cups" that McGaughy's offers:

I installed the Beltech 2/4 drop after noticing the passenger wheel bearing was starting to go for a few reasons A: because it completely eliminated having to beat the old hub off the spindle and B: For the sportier stance while maintaining as much of the factory ride as possible.

The Beltech 2/4 drop is more of a 2/3 drop, to get the extra inch in the back requires removing a spacer which I heard makes the truck sit lower in the back than the front. IMO I don’t think it’d be noticeable swapping out the oem springs out to 1” drop springs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019