2013 Avalanche...LMG 5.3 to L96 6.0 (Pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
01FormulaTA

01FormulaTA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's some vids I took recently...

For a reminder this is the Iron 6.0 L96, LQ9 Pistons, 243 Heads, Summit 8719 Cam, Stock Manifolds, 07-08 2 Cat Y, and Corsa Sport Muffler 25-85 Pull w Full 31 Gallon Tank...this is on the same tune as the LS3, I havent touched the tune.

It runs decent, probably has more in it but I am wanting to switch back to 87 octane. I am slowly putting together a budget 6.2 that I will tune for 87, gonna run some 317 heads to get the compression in the low 10's and a factory cam. Once I get it put together I will swap it in and then I'm gonna sell this 6.0.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so as promised here is a 20-75 WOT clip....I don't think Ive mentioned that my Avalanche is 2wd w stock 6l80e and stock 3.42 gears....the exhaust is a little raspy at WOT, gonna throw in a Borla resonator before the muffler and hopefully that cures it...

Did you ever get any track times with this?

Looks like it rips even harder than my setup.

OP
OP
01FormulaTA

01FormulaTA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever get any track times with this?

Looks like it rips even harder than my setup.

No track times for the LS3 and currently it still has the iron 6.0 set up from my last post now so we'll never know unfortunately. Not sure how my rig compares to yours weight wise, I would think a little lighter being 2wd and back half of the roof is missing compared to the burbs/Yukon XLs but I dont know for sure.

I am however itching to change it up again but I cant make my mind up. I was doing a low compression 6.2 set up with LSA pistons to run 87 octane but I scrapped that idea and sold that project. I since bought an aluminum 5.3 that I was rebuilding and considering doing a small turbo set-up but I dont know if I want the headaches that come along with making my daily more complicated. SO now Im thinking of putting in the 5.3, pulling the 6.0 and rebuidling it with the new 3.86" stroker crank from the new Gen V 6.6 L8T HD motors and getting some custom pistons built for 6.4 stroker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n