2012 Yukon Denali, I need to hear the motor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nath

Reaction score
Well my 2 cents, I put a FLomaster on my 5.3 in the Hoe and removed the Resonator and it is just right. However, I put a Flowmaster on my 6.0 in my 04 EXT and OMG!!! it was too effin loud. I had also removed my Cats and resonator I had to go back with the Magnaflow 2 in 2 out 3.0 inch .. Now it sounds awesome!!!! I really love the growl of that 6.0 and man it runs like a scalded monkey!!!!! Another plus is that I am getting 1.5-2.0 miles per gallon increase. I know it does not sound like much but it really does make a difference. !!

007fl

Reaction score
I had a Magnaflow on my '03 and it sounds great.
I had the GM Performance exhaust (Corsa or Borla,,, can't remember which it was) on my '07 and it also sounded great.

OP
OP
Boyd

Boyd

Reaction score
I had a Magnaflow on my '03 and it sounds great.
I had the GM Performance exhaust (Corsa or Borla,,, can't remember which it was) on my '07 and it also sounded great.
I had Magnaflow on my Silverado 5.7 and loved the sound of it. I just don't want to be stuck with the same volume because it would make travel a little miserable on the highway. We used to just take my wife's car when it was a long road trip. Sometimes we would take my truck if I wanted just music and no conversation. :favorites37:

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are many different size Magnaflow mufflers, smaller = louder; larger = quieter. Pick a moderate size one and enjoy.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how much do you care about the environment? :lol:

sound for me was just about right after longtubes/ypipe with all the cats removed, and stock muffler/resonator in place
my stock muffler started "crackling/rattling" at a few certain rpm though like something came loose in it after a few thousand miles so i just redid it all from the headers/ypipe back

007fl

Reaction score
I had Magnaflow on my Silverado 5.7 and loved the sound of it. I just don't want to be stuck with the same volume because it would make travel a little miserable on the highway. We used to just take my wife's car when it was a long road trip. Sometimes we would take my truck if I wanted just music and no conversation. :favorites37:
soooooo, you drove the truck a lot??? :)

OP
OP
Boyd

Boyd

Reaction score
I love the sound and that your truck doubles as a leaf blower. :gr_grin:
That's why was pretty much joking but said I would just delete the muffler. Not at all what I'm going for but these LS3 6.2 that I see everyone on TV like Kindig that always puts a custom tone on it and they start it from open headers. Oh boy, music to my ears (probably why I'm half deaf, from all the Alice Cooper/Ozzy Osborn/ Def leopard, Black sabbath to name a few, live concerts I used to attend in the 70's. Back to the issue for me though is it WILL be the new family road trip warrior. It just needs to mellow out when on cruise control on the highway at a nice mellow 75-80 mpg. Has anyone put Kindigs cut outs on a setup like mine? (2012 Yukon Denali 6.2 LS3) With a super charger I might add in the future. 1st hings first though. Exhaust System, Black Bear tune, then the super charger eventually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo