2012 Tahoe SSV Airbag Code / Rust drivers side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been lurking reading the threads from the forum off of google since last year. I currently have 2 problems, the B0021 - 0D Airbag code and quite a bit of rust in the driver side foot well. A part of it had rusted thru and we fixed that last year but i lifted more vinyl up and i saw a black tube with a circular connector going into the floor of the truck. I'm wondering what it does as there is quite a bit of rust gunked up around it.

Don't know if it is necessary but I've about 90k miles and 5500 engine hours on the truck. Using an AFM delete tuner from Range.

I can be handy if I'm told what to do but this would really be the first car I've been tinkering with.

Thank you for any help you send my way! :)

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been lurking reading the threads from the forum off of google since last year. I currently have 2 problems, the B0021 - 0D Airbag code and quite a bit of rust in the driver side foot well. A part of it had rusted thru and we fixed that last year but i lifted more vinyl up and i saw a black tube with a circular connector going into the floor of the truck. I'm wondering what it does as there is quite a bit of rust gunked up around it.

Don't know if it is necessary but I've about 90k miles and 5500 engine hours on the truck. Using an AFM delete tuner from Range.

I can be handy if I'm told what to do but this would really be the first car I've been tinkering with.

Thank you for any help you send my way! :)
it's either the passenger seat pressure sensor (under the seat) or one of the wires to it broke which is common from the seat being adjusted back-n-forth
since it gives a open loop it's likley a broken wire, inspect the wires under the passenger seat.

OP
OP
T

TheTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
it's either the passenger seat pressure sensor (under the seat) or one of the wires to it broke which is common from the seat being adjusted back-n-forth
since it gives a open loop it's likley a broken wire, inspect the wires under the passenger seat.
Wow you guys are quick! Thanks, I did as much as I could without removing the seat. I don't see any broken wires or something that is unplugged. What is odd though is that there is yellow tape over the passenger seat wiring, and not a black plastic cover like on the driver side. Also when it rains heavily, I don't get the code when I start up or when I go over railroad tracks, it may go away for awhile and come back on. I should've mentioned it in the post. Moving the seat back and forth makes no difference.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow you guys are quick! Thanks, I did as much as I could without removing the seat. I don't see any broken wires or something that is unplugged. What is odd though is that there is yellow tape over the passenger seat wiring, and not a black plastic cover like on the driver side. Also when it rains heavily, I don't get the code when I start up or when I go over railroad tracks, it may go away for awhile and come back on. I should've mentioned it in the post. Moving the seat back and forth makes no difference.
yellow is usually for airbag connection so you might try using a meter to check each wire while wiggling them, if the wires are solid then it may be the sensor

OP
OP
T

TheTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cool thank you dude!! I might need a picture of that other thing with the rust around it huh. I thought maybe its the rear windshield washer fluid lines but I'm not sure if it will run through the floor.

Thank you for taking the time! You're great help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arthurrodriguez77

Latest posts