2012 Navigation Unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
You can put a standard factory Nav that came in a 2011, or upgrade to the 2012+ version which has a built in hard drive. Nav is much faster, you can store music on the drive, and it has a completely different and nicer interface. I did the upgrade in my 07 (one of the first on this forum to do so). I bought mine from Greg at CPS Audio. His contact info is in this thread somewhere. He will send it to you ready to be plug and play, harness and all. Its definitely a sweet upgrade because with the factory backup camera, you will gain the guidelines which move with the steering wheel.

mcimma

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spoke to Greg at CPS Audio. Great guy tons of info...

The difference in price is amazing between the USB and NON-USB equipped OEM units. Is there anyway to add a USB to the non equipped unit???

OP
OP
blkonblk

blkonblk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you keep an eye on eBay you will find one for 400-500 used, then you just send it to Greg and he will charge you $100 to programs it and you'll save a bunch,, I see a harness on eBay for 120 so the whole thing will run you $700-800

Stanm5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack this thread. I have an '09 and was offered a '07-09 nav unit. What will I need to do to make it work?

OP
OP
blkonblk

blkonblk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack this thread. I have an '09 and was offered a '07-09 nav unit. What will I need to do to make it work?

Do you know if you have a boss system? If you do then you don't need anything and Its a direct swap

OP
OP
blkonblk

blkonblk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will have to buy the bose amp, look on eBay for it, I think they go around $100-150

Dat Reaper Guy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Updated and installed my Nav in my 2013 Tahoe. Greg at CPS Audio was awesome in putting the retrofit together. Does anyone know of a good bypass module? Open to all suggestions...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076