2010 Yukon Denali xl. New member here.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hoping I can get some help with a service 4wd message in the dic on this suv. It is an AWD and all I can find on the web is advice on 4 wd selector switches and actuators. Any idea on this for an AWD with a service 4wd message? Thanks!
welcome to the forum.
Best thing to do is try and get it scanned for the code, the code "might" not be obd so it can depend on the scanner capabilities, most auto parts stores will do it for free
once you have the code report back and we can provide advice based on previous experiences.
I wouldn't depend on the auto parts store to provide accurate information aside from the code they often suggest some really strange stuff.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Hey, welcome to the forum from SoCal. The AWD system on the Gen 4 / NNBS / 07-14 is wonderfully uneventful most of the time. The Achilles heel of these trucks, especially the highline equipped Denali & Esky are the battery cables. They look great, but inside they corrode causing random excessive resistance the 5v can/bus line interprets as a DTC. Sometimes odd ones like this.

Bottom line if not already done, replace BOTH -/+ battery cables. There’s several. It’s due on ALL NNBS trucks this age. This will 100% eliminate and correct any corrosion issues in the cables, connectors and potentially allow the DTC to reset all by itself.

Once that’s done have the local part store scan for codes. If it’s not a gremlin code and AWD-4WD DTC persists think about recent rain, snow or off-road activity. Could the wheel speed (abs) sensors / reluctors be dirty? Also verify behind the front d/s tire. Turn the wheel 100% to the right to view behind the tire and verify the wire harness running along the fender wall is not loose or wrapped around the drive axle.

Read this post to see what happens if you do not start with new, unencumbered batt cables and a tech starts throwing part$ at your truck…

https://www.justanswer.com/gmc/lg5ji-2007-yukon-denali-awd-6-2-stabilitrak-traction-control.html

Rock auto is a good place to start for OEM parts at reasonable pricing. Google 5% r/a discount code too. It’ll offset shipping charges.

OP
OP
B

Black400

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey, welcome to the forum from SoCal. The AWD system on the Gen 4 / NNBS / 07-14 is wonderfully uneventful most of the time. The Achilles heel of these trucks, especially the highline equipped Denali & Esky are the battery cables. They look great, but inside they corrode causing random excessive resistance the 5v can/bus line interprets as a DTC. Sometimes odd ones like this.

Bottom line if not already done, replace BOTH -/+ battery cables. There’s several. It’s due on ALL NNBS trucks this age. This will 100% eliminate and correct any corrosion issues in the cables, connectors and potentially allow the DTC to reset all by itself.

Once that’s done have the local part store scan for codes. If it’s not a gremlin code and AWD-4WD DTC persists think about recent rain, snow or off-road activity. Could the wheel speed (abs) sensors / reluctors be dirty? Also verify behind the front d/s tire. Turn the wheel 100% to the right to view behind the tire and verify the wire harness running along the fender wall is not loose or wrapped around the drive axle.

Read this post to see what happens if you do not start with new, unencumbered batt cables and a tech starts throwing part$ at your truck…

https://www.justanswer.com/gmc/lg5ji-2007-yukon-denali-awd-6-2-stabilitrak-traction-control.html

Rock auto is a good place to start for OEM parts at reasonable pricing. Google 5% r/a discount code too. It’ll offset shipping charges.
Thanks, makes sense.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hoping I can get some help with a service 4wd message in the dic on this suv. It is an AWD and all I can find on the web is advice on 4 wd selector switches and actuators. Any idea on this for an AWD with a service 4wd message? Thanks!
There are some el cheapo scanners that can read all of the modules on these trucks. This Autel is one of them when paired with their app:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

I had a similar issue on my truck, and it ended up being one of the wheel speed sensors located on the hub. My Tech 2 scanner identified the issue and even told me which specific wheel speed sensor had failed. I replaced it, and the issue went away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019