2010+ Volant CAI issues resolved?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wolenzo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2011 LTZ and starting to look into performance mods. I'm leaning towards the Volant but have found people with CEL issues even when they installed it correctly (disconnecting negative battery cable). Sounds like Volant has been great about helping to fix the issues but it sounds like the CEL has come back on some owners.

Are there any 2010+ owners successfully running volant CAI's? Or owners successfully fix their volant CAI's?

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
I've heard of similar problems with the supercharged Cobalt SS. I'm not familiar with the Volant intake. Is the filter oiled? If so, clean the MAF and try wiping down the filter to reduce excess oil. Either way, I recommend getting a custom tune to help adjust the computer calibrations to help out.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the problem was ONLY with the '09 model year, but I am not sure about that (I have an '09, and do know that the problems at least BEGAN with the '09s, since a sensor was moved in '09). You'll have to dig around and verify the correct answer.

I threw another P0442 code recently without the Volant. I had removed the Volant because the last code I got with it I couldn't clear. I may have something else going beside the Volant, so I'm not sure exactly what's causing the CEL, but can at least clear the infrequent CEL without the Volant on the truck.

It's a shame, because the Volant sounds absolutely awesome. If folks with '10+ trucks aren't having CEL problems with the Volant, I'd recommend the unit for sure.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Incidentally, what's the best way to get a new cap? Just go to the parts counter of your local Chevy dealership and order one? Or...?

OP
OP
W

wolenzo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
KMeloney - I've come across your posts the most regarding the CEL but now it sounds like it might not be the Volant. I might take a gamble and just go with it. Update us on your CEL if you change your gas cap soon. Thx.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse