Volant Install - Fit & Finish Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
Ok, so I received my brand new Volant (#15957) for my 5.7L Vortec in the mail and went to install it today.

I'm having some real issues on a number of the parts...please comment if you have come across this and know how to fix it.

1) The Volant filter does not mount flush to the box (pointing to the MAF) - allows engine air to seap in
2) The Volant box does not not mount flush to the fender. There is a simple rubber gasket, but b/c there is not pressure against the box leaning towards the fender opening, it moves
3) The Volant box has a foot at the bottom of it, but it doesn't reach the fender, therefor the box is not stable and moves around

Net net - i took the whole thing off after playing with it for x3hrs...I've never had such issues with a CAI before.

Anyone out there that had similiar problems?

I went onto the Volant website and noticed there is a new system for the 5.7L.. 150576. Has anyone heard of recalls for the system i won (#15957)

It looks like they remedied the fitment issue with the filter by throwing bolts through the box onto the filter.

Any ideas??

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your missing the trim sponge that goes around the box where the duct comes through, give me a call 909 481 3888 I can get one coming out to you

the 150576 = Dry filter

the 15957 = Wet filter

never a recall just a new system for the new filter

OP
OP
S

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
Just spoke to Daniel - great guy over @ Volant.

He is shipping out the sponge today and we figured out that I made an error with the install...i was supposed to remove the factory mounting bracket on the fender.

Thanks Daniel - really appreciate the help!!

I'll post photos of the finished product when I complete the install over the wkd.

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have to love it when you get great customer service :High 5:

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, what are your hours, Wednesday! I have to find my old thread to bump up my issues.

1)My Cover Plate Doesn't fit only 3 of four screws line up.
2)The box that encloses the air filter is loose.
3) The kit came with rubber linings and for the life of me I don't know where it goes. I thought it went on the outlet from the air box into the fender!

Danny post pics!

OP
OP
S

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
Fit and finish were perfect!

Forever - those rubber linings go on both holes of the box. The longer of the two seals the box to the fender and the shorter hose goes on the inside of the hole leading to the MAF.

Look closely at the photo and you will see how the plastic tube leads into the airbox. There is a nearly perfect seal around the plastic tube leading into the airbox.

Below are a few photos.

IMG_7245.jpg

IMG_7247.jpg

OP
OP
S

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
I'm going to do a full "how-to" on the Mark VIII install in our vehicles...that's the harness that automatically activates the two different speeds at preset coolant temperatures.

It's not done yet as you can see in the photo...but almost there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdamKansasCity

Latest posts